American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Clov on October 22, 2019, 09:05:14 PM
Emmanuel Sanders to the 49ers, for a third and a fourth (with a fifth coming the other way). Don't like the price but the Niners are very weak at receiver.

Happy for Sanders. He has had to endure crap QB after crap QB there for a while now.

cadhlancian

Seanie , to say that Marcus Mariota is better than Goff is ridiculous. They're not even close, Mariota is an extremely average QB and will be a backup somewhere next year , he's had his chance . As someone said, he's played on decent Tennessee teams , not great , but there has been and are currently a lot of teams with way less talent than the Titans. As I said earlier, the Bears should make a run at Teddy Bridgewater for next year. Andy Dalton is another backup level QB starting in the NFL. Goes to show how hard it is to actually get " the guy". AZ , if somebody gives the bengals a third rounder for Dalton they need to arm and all , clean off at the shoulder!

gallsman

Nobody is saying he's Pat Mahomes but if you don't think Dalton is one of the 32 best QBs in the NFL you're crazy.

Minder

Josh Gordon on IR and finished for the season

Edit - seems he is just leaving the Pats and hoping to land with another team
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on October 23, 2019, 10:06:45 PM
Josh Gordon on IR and finished for the season

Edit - seems he is just leaving the Pats and hoping to land with another team

I wonder is it a herbal issue?

cadhlancian

JJ Watt on IR for the third time in four seasons... is he worth it ?

cadhlancian

Ok! New fresh top 10 , just in 🤪🤪

1) Pats
2) Saints
3) Niners
4) Packers
5) Chiefs
6) Vikings
7)Rams
8) Ravens
9) Colts
10 Seahawks

3 teams from the NFC west ! And Arizona will get better , tough division ....

gallsman

The Rams have moved up two spots on your list having beaten up on the Falcons and Bengals? I wouldn't have them in a top 10 at all.

Again, for me, the Texans have to be in there. Watson is just incredible.

cadhlancian

Agree on Watson , he is incredible. But , Watt is done for the year and their OL is a disaster, he'll be lucky to not finish the season on the IR himself.

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on October 23, 2019, 02:59:25 AM
Seanie , to say that Marcus Mariota is better than Goff is ridiculous. They're not even close, Mariota is an extremely average QB and will be a backup somewhere next year , he's had his chance . As someone said, he's played on decent Tennessee teams , not great , but there has been and are currently a lot of teams with way less talent than the Titans. As I said earlier, the Bears should make a run at Teddy Bridgewater for next year. Andy Dalton is another backup level QB starting in the NFL. Goes to show how hard it is to actually get " the guy". AZ , if somebody gives the bengals a third rounder for Dalton they need to arm and all , clean off at the shoulder!

You clearly don't remember what Goff was like before McVay got hold of him. Mariota a far more accurate thrower and he can run too. He has just been in a woeful situation in Tennessee throughout his career. QB evaluation in the NFL is really poor.

lurganblue

Good to see the return of Brees last night.  I expected them to play Bridgewater, especially with a bye week next week. What now for Teddy though? He has been quality over the last number of weeks.  Does he seek a trade or hang around for be the successor to Brees? Can he wait that long?

dec

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1188770703438278657

LeBron James Verified account @KingJames

Man these LA 🔥 aren't no joke. Had to emergency evacuate my house and I've been driving around with my family trying to get rooms. No luck so far!

LeBron James
‏Verified account @KingJames
8h8 hours ago

Finally found a place to accommodate us! Crazy night man!

cadhlancian

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 28, 2019, 02:15:15 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on October 23, 2019, 02:59:25 AM

You clearly don't remember what Goff was like before McVay got hold of him. Mariota a far more accurate thrower and he can run too. He has just been in a woeful situation in Tennessee throughout his career. QB evaluation in the NFL is really poor.
Goff was in a far from ideal situation himself . He had Jeff Fisher his rookie year , he nearly f**king ruined him. Ryan Tannehill is an upgrade and playing better than Mariota in Tennessee, and Tannehill was ran out of Miami.
He owns a career 76-44 TD to INT ratio, and owns a 89 career passer rating , which is below the league average. There are worst QBs out there, but he's a below average NFL QB...
Goff is better Seanie imo, we shall agree to disagree.

Minder

Josh Gordon to the Seahawks
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

This could be the end of the road for Trubisky.