American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

I wouldn't have the Rams or Eagles either. An inconsistent Vikings team took apart that Eagles Defence last week. Most points conceded all weekend I think and the Vikings offence has been no great shakes this year.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gallsman

Refs continue to make twats of themselves. Deshaun Watson just made a ridiculous play to finish a TD but the refs said he was held and whistled it dead.

Stop f**king blowing plays dead you arseholes.

Capt Pat

Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2019, 07:21:15 AM
I wouldn't have the rams or the Bears in there at all.

Panthers will be serious when Cam is healthy and I'd have the Colts in there too.

The Bears are taking one hell of a beating at home from the Saints. The Saints don't have Brees or Kamara or tight end Jarred Cook. The Bears since they beat the vikings and looked great haven't looked like a top team at all. The vikings on the other hand have won 3 and it will be 4 in a row on thursday are beginning to look good. Kirk Cousins is playing like a top qb too.

cadhlancian

Hard to know where the Bears go from here. Trubisky isn't the answer long term , he just isn't unfortunately.
They're arguably the worst team in their division , the Lions are better.
Be lucky to win 7 games this season. Very impressive from the saints , Bridgewater could do a job in Chicago I think

magpie seanie

The Bears offense has just been total garbage and it has resulted in a good defnse becoming too stretched and now it too is breaking. Can't/won't run the ball so opposition defenses are just teeing off on a shaky Trubisky who is now reduced to staring at Allen Robinson and hoping he gets open. He has unfortunately regressed and needs to be gotten rid of. I'd trade for Mariota to try and save the season. Bears were 3-3 this time last year I believe so it can be done but the defense needs to be allowed to get off the field for a while. Hicks a big loss too.

lurganblue

Amazed at that Bears result.  I had made a tit of myself by texting the mates to say they are surely a good thing with all the injuries to the Saints offense.

gallsman

I was an absolute genius and picked up Murray in fantasy after Kamara went down having seen what Josh Jacobs was able to do to the Hicks-less Bears D with my own eyes two weeks ago.

Of course I was an absolute coward and thought "nah that Bears D will stop him" and stuck with Melvin Gordon instead.

I'm not sure Mariota is the answer Seanie. Is he any better than Trubisky? Mariota gonna have to get paid next year too. I think the season is as good as done for the Bears and they should start thinking about what they want to do long term with the offense.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on October 21, 2019, 09:49:15 AM
I was an absolute genius and picked up Murray in fantasy after Kamara went down having seen what Josh Jacobs was able to do to the Hicks-less Bears D with my own eyes two weeks ago.

Of course I was an absolute coward and thought "nah that Bears D will stop him" and stuck with Melvin Gordon instead.

I'm not sure Mariota is the answer Seanie. Is he any better than Trubisky? Mariota gonna have to get paid next year too. I think the season is as good as done for the Bears and they should start thinking about what they want to do long term with the offense.

I think Mariota is a good QB who has been in a shit situation all his career. He's a better QB than Goff for example and I reckon he'd succeed in the Bears offense under Nagy. More expensive but Cam Newton either perhaps? time moves on fast and when you've a decent defense you need to try and go it. I think the time to give up on Trubisky has come. He'll probably kill it next week after me saying this but I don't see him taking the Bears to the playoffs.

tyroneman

Another Raiders 1st round pick is away with Gareon Conley shipped off to the Texans for a 3rd round pick..that's 3 in 2 years with Mack and Cooper also moved on

lurganblue

The Patriots fill their AB vacancy with Sanu.

Clov

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 22, 2019, 09:59:59 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 21, 2019, 09:49:15 AM

I think Mariota is a good QB who has been in a shit situation all his career. He's a better QB than Goff for example and I reckon he'd succeed in the Bears offense under Nagy. More expensive but Cam Newton either perhaps? time moves on fast and when you've a decent defense you need to try and go it. I think the time to give up on Trubisky has come. He'll probably kill it next week after me saying this but I don't see him taking the Bears to the playoffs.

I'd be very surprised if Mariota is anything more than average to below average starting quarterback for the rest of his career. He is far too conservative (his sack rate is ridiculous) and fairly injury prone to boot. The Titans have had decent defenses in his time there (including this year) and a few weapons (Derrick Henry, Delanie Walker) but he has consistently been a major limiting factor on their success (though Mularky takes some blame too).
The Bears aren't really in a position to trade for a quarterback in any case, as they're without a 1st round pick next year. IMO they'd be better rolling with Trubisky (or Daniels) the rest of the season and then looking at free agency for a QB. May be if the Bengals land the top pick they will cut Dalton, who has a higher ceiling than Mariota imo. 
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

AZOffaly

I think you'd get Dalton for a 3rd rounder. It would be worth asking.

Mariota holds the ball too long. He was far more dynamic at Oregon, so maybe it is a scheme thing, but he wouldn't inspire me.

tyroneman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 22, 2019, 03:20:38 PM

Mariota holds the ball too long. He was far more dynamic at Oregon, so maybe it is a scheme thing, but he wouldn't inspire me.

Something tells me you could get Carr from the Raiders for a decent package at te end of the season....not sure Gruden is 100% in on him

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 22, 2019, 03:20:38 PM

I'm pretty convinced it is.

Clov

Emmanuel Sanders to the 49ers, for a third and a fourth (with a fifth coming the other way). Don't like the price but the Niners are very weak at receiver.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"