2015 Laois Senior Football

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faugheen

Quote from: redsetanta on February 24, 2015, 10:36:13 AM
I've heard the set up isn't great under Flaherta at the moment with one fella who left the panel saying the training with his club is superior to what's happening at county training. Management seem to be going through the motions.

I'd say that Glen Ryan is a big step up from O'Flaherta alright, I'd have Ryan over him any day.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: OTF on February 24, 2015, 10:55:35 AM
I'm another refugee from Laoistalk some will recognise me by my initials,it took me a while but I'm glad to be here.

Good stuff OTF. Fáilte. I see the plug was finally pulled on Laoistalk last night. A big loss.
Spread the word about here!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on February 24, 2015, 07:09:21 PM
Quote from: OTF on February 24, 2015, 10:55:35 AM
I'm another refugee from Laoistalk some will recognise me by my initials,it took me a while but I'm glad to be here.

Good stuff OTF. Fáilte. I see the plug was finally pulled on Laoistalk last night. A big loss.
Spread the word about here!

This I hope the rest join here even if it a 1/2 as good I'll be happy
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

Team named for Sunday;

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)
2. Padraig McMahon (Ballyroan Abbey)
3. Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen)
4. Gearoid Hanrahan (Mountmellick)
5. Darren Strong (Emo)
6. Robbie Kehoe (O'Dempsey's)
7. Colm Begley (Parnells)
8. Brendan Quigley (Timahoe)
9. John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)
10. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)
11. Conor Boyle (Portlaoise)
12. Gareth Dillon (Portlaoise)
13. Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise)
14. Donal Kingston (Arles-Killeen)
15. Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard)

Sheehan and Finn dropped.

Unlaoised

Both Sheenan  and Finn are injured

Not much scoring power in the half forward line

Thought one or two of the u21s  might feature

LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Strong should be moved to half forward. Why not swap with Boyle? I wouldn't start the U21's with a game against the dubs next Wednesday. I would assume the likes of Keane and Carroll will be on the bench anyhow.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

OTF

It's hard to see us getting anything out of this, Galway seem to be going well I wonder why they're bringing this game to "Shamtown"

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on February 27, 2015, 12:57:36 PM
Strong should be moved to half forward. Why not swap with Boyle? I wouldn't start the U21's with a game against the dubs next Wednesday. I would assume the likes of Keane and Carroll will be on the bench anyhow.

O'Carroll is starting...

Yeah Boyle and Strong is a change that could be made!

I heard Attride picked up an Injury as well but Damien O'Connor is ready to play a part

LAOIS ABÚ

Teo Lurley

Surely it will be Begley and Boyle that swaps? I think McMahon hasn't the speed for corner back anymore, I'd swap Keogh back there and McMahon to centre back. Then move him to the wing when Attride or Paul Begley come back. We definitely need more pace so we need O'Connor. Any sign of Costello from Emo?

Unlaoised

Costello still carrying a knock but could feature soon!
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

I wonder will JOL be available? His Uncle Tom, a former Laois County Board official, is being buried on Sunday RIP.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Sorry to hear that. John would be a huge loss, hopefully he can play some part in the game.
This team are not that bad, I think we will win this one. Our backs are to the wall at this stage and that's when we play our best.

Very good scoring full forward line and a strong midfield to give them good supply of the ball. Not sure about Robbie at centre back but wherever he plays he will give 100%.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Hospital Pass

Lets hope we see the same Galway that we came up against last Year in Portlaoise. i'd agree with Teo Lurley, kehoe will probably move to corner back with mcmahon to the wing half back spot pushing Boyle to the centre. Impressed with Hanrahan so far in the league.
Tom Flynn and Shane Walsh are out for Galway and i fancy us to put in a right performance.

Give and Go

A morale boosting U21 win during the week should be a platform to start turning the seniors around. Enough of the criticising of management and players and get on with it.
Far too distracting and it obviously gets to players.
Stop sowing doubts and plant optimism instead.

OTF

Madness bringing a game  to that kip this time of year.