Sat Nav

Started by girt_giggler, May 08, 2008, 11:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

Looking to buy a sat-nav for the car. nothing too expensive or flashy just standard system. I haven't the first clue about them, any advice on what to get/not to get?

Seany

supersarsfields

Go for a Garmin. Great for Ireland. North or South.

Got one about a year ago and it's been great. Still the odd place it won't find but it'll usually get you close enough!!

The Real Laoislad

Tom-Tom is the way to go,I've had two of them(first one got stolen) and have no problems with them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

qub la la la

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 08, 2008, 06:16:23 PM
Tom-Tom is the way to go,I've had two of them(first one got stolen) and have no problems with them

Have to agree, tom tom is a great job and no complaints so far. only have had the one, a bit luckier than you laoislad!!

balladmaker

Bought a Garmin Nuvi a few weeks back to have during a trip to England.  The one I bought does Ireland, UK and most of Europe and cost me £119.

A great piece of kit, it took me up and down England practically to the doorstep of where I wanted to go.  Its great in the UK as you can enter the actual postcode, but have tried it also in and around Dublin and also works perfectly.

Although it didn't know what to make of the road works at the Red Cow roundabout, but sure nobody does!

ziggysego

Quote from: qub la la la on May 08, 2008, 06:29:50 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 08, 2008, 06:16:23 PM

Have to agree, tom tom is a great job and no complaints so far. only have had the one, a bit luckier than you laoislad!!

qub, do you have laoislad's first Tom Tom?
Testing Accessibility

girt_giggler

Do these sat nav's update themselves or do you have to subscribe to something for that to happen?

Bensars

Another vote for Garmin.  Havent had any bother whatsoever. Added benefit is the integrated bluetooth for handsfree for the phone also.

Halfords were doing a promotion a while back, all sat navs  half price.