Dublin GAA and biting??

Started by StGallsGAA, July 21, 2014, 06:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Dublin involved in a 3rd biting allegation in 12 months.   Jim Gavin needs to get his house in order.   Southern media won't make anything of it of course as anything goes as far as Dublin are concerned

INDIANA

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 21, 2014, 06:08:23 AM
Dublin involved in a 3rd biting allegation in 12 months.   Jim Gavin needs to get his house in order.   Southern media won't make anything of it of course as anything goes as far as Dublin are concerned

Sure why don't you come down to a Dublin training session an odd time we can give you and Antrim free lessons on how to play Gaelic Football as part of our community service for being serial biters.

INDIANA

Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2014, 08:16:35 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 21, 2014, 07:41:06 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 21, 2014, 06:08:23 AM

Sure why don't you come down to a Dublin training session an odd time we can give you and Antrim free lessons on how to play Gaelic Football as part of our community service for being serial biters.
He's not from Antrim.

But we'll still come down. Can we get a tour of the Guinness Storehouse?

Come down to Vincent's for a few instead. Storehouse is over rated

StGallsGAA

Unless like  Jim Gavin, you're pretendong it didn't happen A la Kenny Daglish... your opinion on the allegation would be welcomed Indiana!

INDIANA

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 21, 2014, 09:03:54 PM
Unless like  Jim Gavin, you're pretendong it didn't happen A la Kenny Daglish... your opinion on the allegation would be welcomed Indiana!

My opinion is simple enough- Burke got what he deserved. Tomas O Se and Mulligan called it well. This is nothing like the Whelan incident who should have bene suspended for a lot longer to be honest

Its a new low for Meath football in my view. Making excuses for a gutless performance when

a) burke fish hooked O Gara in the mouth

b) Reilly started the row by punching O Gara in the back of the head twice as he was on the ground.

Its hard to imagine Mick Lyons and the rest of what was a hard Meath backline resorting to the same antics. But a suppose the difference was that Meath team had hearts as big as buckets and could play a bit too.

Changed times.

Shrewdness

What's Mick Lyons got to with anything? A man that hasn't kicked a ball for Meath in over 20 years.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: INDIANA on July 21, 2014, 09:57:34 PM

My opinion is simple enough- Burke got what he deserved. Tomas O Se and Mulligan called it well. This is nothing like the Whelan incident who should have bene suspended for a lot longer to be honest

Its a new low for Meath football in my view. Making excuses for a gutless performance when

b) Reilly started the row by punching O Gara in the back of the head twice as he was on the ground.

Its hard to imagine Mick Lyons and the rest of what was a hard Meath backline resorting to the same antics. But a suppose the difference was that Meath team had hearts as big as buckets and could play a bit too.

Changed times.

Indiana, I agree with the main points of all this, but if O'Gara got up instead of leaving his head in a place where he should have just got up and got on with it then there would be no hitting from Reilly. That's my own view. Maybe Reilly held him down, but I don't think so.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

DJGaliv

Really need to clamp down on this sort of thing

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 21, 2014, 10:26:00 PM

Changed times.

Indiana, I agree with the main points of all this, but if O'Gara got up instead of leaving his head in a place where he should have just got up and got on with it then there would be no hitting from Reilly. That's my own view. Maybe Reilly held him down, but I don't think so.

And you may well have a point on that. Its inconclusive from the videos I've seen. I think the two of them should have been left to sort it out. And the ref could have awarded yellow and red cards as he saw fit. I'm not saying O Gara didn't do anything but this is ridiculous.

I'd like to see what Burke would do if he was standing face to face with O Gara- how brave he'd be then.

Laughable really watching Paddy O Rourke dragging Cormac Costello who is about a foot smaller and 4 stone lighter to the ground and  two other Meath lads piling in.

I tell you he's a brave lad Paddy.

Jinxy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 21, 2014, 10:35:50 PM

Changed times.

And you may well have a point on that. Its inconclusive from the videos I've seen. I think the two of them should have been left to sort it out. And the ref could have awarded yellow and red cards as he saw fit. I'm not saying O Gara didn't do anything but this is ridiculous.

I'd like to see what Burke would do if he was standing face to face with O Gara- how brave he'd be then.

Laughable really watching Paddy O Rourke dragging Cormac Costello who is about a foot smaller and 4 stone lighter to the ground and  two other Meath lads piling in.

He would curl up in a ball weeping in terror.
Sure he's only a slip of a lad.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on July 21, 2014, 10:35:50 PM

Changed times.

Not all counties are footballing pure-bloods like us, Indiana. And I expected better from someone with Leitrim blood.

illdecide

Count your blessings lads for if an Armagh player was involved in that incident he'd have been sent to Mountjoy (even if he was on the receiving end)...ohh and we'd have got 5 players suspended too just for the craic... ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch