Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

Chavez may not be the force he once was but I think Duddy is way too open for a ( Possibly former ) top class fighter like Chavez. Chavez will probably stop him.

gallsman

Quote from: slow corner back on April 04, 2010, 07:49:17 PM
Chavez may not be the force he once was but I think Duddy is way too open for a ( Possibly former ) top class fighter like Chavez. Chavez will probably stop him.

What on earth are you talking about? You realise this is the son we're talking, not the legend?

Chavez Jnr. is a donkey.

Class of 99

Chavez jnr is a pretty average fighter who has already got a few dodgy decisions in his career, obviously down to the money men looking to exploit the name.
Both fighters are not world class but Chavez jnr is a class above anything Andy lee has shared a ring with lately and to suggest he is Irelands best hope of a world Champion is nonsense. He will be beaten by the next good fighter he fights. McCloskey, Macklin, lyndey all good become world champion if the right fights come their way. Problem is getting the right chance and not the first one that comes their way.

tyroneboi

Holy Ghost!! Anyone just see Fraudley Harrison just then?? Getting beaten by Sprott by a few rounds and then in the 12th round A-Force throws an unbelievable left to knock Sprott spark out. He is a shocking boxer but that was an unreal punch to be fair to him!!

CiKe

Not a fan but showed guts fighting with one arm for 10 rounds, took some decent shots as well. Brutal KO from a peach of a punch

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: tyroneboi on April 09, 2010, 11:07:29 PM
Holy Ghost!! Anyone just see Fraudley Harrison just then?? Getting beaten by Sprott by a few rounds and then in the 12th round A-Force throws an unbelievable left to knock Sprott spark out. He is a shocking boxer but that was an unreal punch to be fair to him!!

Tremendous KO but he was minutes way from being beaten by Sprott yet again. He just got lucky. Or Sprott got sloppy. It might be enough to get him a big fight though but hard to see him troubling anyone serious including Haye.

CiKe

It's very hard to judge him on that fight when fighting with one hand. I don't think he can be criticised for yesterdays performance, he found a way to win and showed heart that everyone doubted he had.

On previous form he is too gun shy to be taken seriously.

DirtyDozen12

QuoteUnbeaten champion Edwin Valero has committed suicide in jail just 24 hours after admitting to killing his wife.

The 28-year-old had been staying in a hotel in his native Venezuela when he alerted security in the early hours of Sunday morning that he had stabbed wife Jennifer three times.

Valero, who successfully defended his WBC lightweight title two months ago, was detained by police and had been expected to be charged with the murder.

However, he was found by a fellow inmate on Monday morning having tied his own clothes to a bar of his cell in an attempt to hang himself.

Valero, who was on the verge of the big time following 27 successive stoppage victories, still showed signs of life but authorities were unable to revive him.

The fighter had become a household name in Venezuela but had been in trouble with the law on several occasions, notably last month when he was charged with harassing his wife and threatening medical personnel who treated her at a hospital.

Police arrested Valero following an argument with a doctor and nurse at the hospital, where his wife was being treated for a series of injuries, including a punctured lung and broken ribs.

The Attorney General's Office said a prosecutor had asked a court to order Valero to be jailed but that the judge instead placed him under a restraining order that barred him from going near his wife, a condition he repeatedly violated.

Clearly the guy is a fuckin nut case, 27 fights, 27 KO's though is impressive record regardless of who he was fighting.  There was talk that he was a fight or two away from a shot at a big name ala Mayweather, Pacman.  Must have been a nut-bar though, his ruthlessness in the ring seems to have went hand in hand with his personality. 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Atticus_Finch

I know this is a long shot but anybody have a link for watching the kessler vs froch fight online ?

Not paying 14.95 for it !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

glens73

Atticus_Finch

Good man !

The commentator sounds like he's from swatragh ... might have to turn down the volume on that.

Thanks again

glens73

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 24, 2010, 09:54:09 PM
Good man !

The commentator sounds like he's from swatragh ... might have to turn down the volume on that.

Thanks again

Nowt wrong with that, my ma's from there.

Atticus_Finch

Aye right .... next thing you'll be telling me thon blade singin the anthem is a lady of the swaaaa as well

You watchin it ursel ?  Who ya fancy ?

I'd say froch will take it on points

glens73

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 24, 2010, 10:02:08 PM
Aye right .... next thing you'll be telling me thon blade singin the anthem is a lady of the swaaaa as well

You watchin it ursel ?  Who ya fancy ?

I'd say froch will take it on points

She genuinely is from keady road, swatragh

Froch on points, though maybe late ko, he hits very hard, and kessler looked worn against Ward

Atticus_Finch

No harm mean't chap

Interesting enough contest so far ... think Kessler had the better start looking quicker and sharper with froch taking the last couple of rounds, froch hasn't been consistently landing but when he has landed he's been effective enough .. few nice combos in the last few rounds