Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Bellew rambling a lot there, not sure he'd fully recovered before that interview.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 10, 2018, 11:36:54 PM
Bellew rambling a lot there, not sure he'd fully recovered before that interview.

Definitely not. He said he couldn't remember what round it was, was told and then said the same thing again about 30 seconds later.

The Ukrainian amateur lads are scary. Such similarities between him and lomachenko.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on November 10, 2018, 11:44:33 PM

Definitely not. He said he couldn't remember what round it was, was told and then said the same thing again about 30 seconds later.

The Ukrainian amateur lads are scary. Such similarities between him and lomachenko.
Best bet of the weekend, to be stopped 1/1!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Quote from: gallsman on November 10, 2018, 11:44:33 PM

And kept going on about how good Usyz was.

ONeill

Usyk as impressive a boxer I've seen.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Usyk has handled big lads before; he was kicked out of the Klitschko camp for the Fury fight as he was schooling him in sparring and dealt handily with big Joe Joyce.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Looking forward to Wilder v Fury now, not a huge Fury fan but I'd still like to see him win, I really dont think he will though.

Sky bet have Wilder fav at 8/13 & 6/4 Fury.

Minder

Quote from: bennydorano on November 29, 2018, 01:28:40 PM
Looking forward to Wilder v Fury now, not a huge Fury fan but I'd still like to see him win, I really dont think he will though.

What time is the Wilder/Fury fight due on ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on November 29, 2018, 01:28:40 PM

Fury will win, could get the KO but more likely take it on points.

On about 5am.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

Seemingly Tyrone McKenna got a very dodgy decision tonight over in Scotland. Anyone watch it?

Atticus_Finch

Watched it. Fairly dodgy alright. 

From the get go, McKenna seemed confident that he would get the knockout and was without doubt the aggressor for the majority of the fight.  Benson had the superior movement and landed by far the greater volume of punches.   

McKenna tired significantly in the second half of the fight and his face started to really reflect the damage that Benson's high percentage of punches landing was doing.

It was clear who won come the final bell but the ref awarded the fight in favour of McKenna.

Steve Lillis conducted an interview within a minute of the ref calling the decision with both fighters.  McKenna was the first to speak with Benson visibly distraught, sitting beside him.  McKenna unsurprisingly agreed with the verdict.  Going by Benson's facial expression I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good idea to let him speak as was expecting him to go off on a complete rant.  He didn't say anything too outrageous.  He announced his retirement there and then, citing a robbery of a decision and the fact he had feared a robbery and had requested decision to come via judges rather than a referee prior to the fight.

He perhaps said that in the heat of the moment.  At the very least Benson deserves a rematch.  The fight itself made for a great watch.  McKenna would need to go back to the drawing board for his tactics if a rematch materialises - while he troubled him on a couple of occasions - nothing to suggest that he would stop Benson.

Fury vs Wilder  - while I don't think it will make for a good fight at all (as in not being easy in the eye) I'm intrigued by it.  I can't see anything but a Wilder victory.  Fury going from fighting the likes of his two previous opponents (the fighting in the crowd troubled Fury more than the fighting in the ring for the first one of those fights from what I can recall) to fighting Wilder is just a step too far, too soon.

Lot of admiration for the comeback journey that Fury has made from the shape he was in a year ago to the condition he is now must have taken a lot of hard graft.  Even stepping in the ring against Wilder represents a victory for him.  Would be the stuff of fairytales (and fantastic to see) if he managed to beat Wilder and setup a fight with Joshua at some stage next year.  While Fury will no doubt make things awkward and it will be a cagey fightfor the first number of rounds.  It's very hard to see anything other than a Wilder victory.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Boycey

The Gypsy King will give Wilder his fill of it tonight if the weight gain and loss hasn't taken too much of a toll on his body..

bennydorano

I'd be more concerned about the lack of quality  fights in the past 3 years, an awful lot is being left to trust that he still has it.

north_antrim_hound

Can someone tell me if Fury has a good Chin, in other words can he take a punch. Wilder's KO stats are impressive so Fury  will get a haymaker. Then again has wilder knocked out someone this big. I hope Fury can pull it off.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

JoG2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 01, 2018, 12:44:37 PM
Can someone tell me if Fury has a good Chin, in other words can he take a punch. Wilder's KO stats are impressive so Fury  will get a haymaker. Then again has wilder knocked out someone this big. I hope Fury can pull it off.

Fury has been down a couple of times before, once in the US. He has recovered to win both times. They reckon the power Wilder produces from his 15 1/5 stone frame is phenomenal. I think he'll finish Fury inside 10. Fury needs a few more bouts to get uo to speed