Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 405853 times)

glens73

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #5805 on: December 08, 2017, 08:11:02 PM »
Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux this weekend, could potentially be one of the greatest fights ever.

Does anyone know if this is on the normal Boxnation subscription that you get with BT sports?

I think Lomachenko wins this with ease. Too big and just too good. Although I'm a fan of Rigo, I think he may just be on the slide. Well worth watching though.

You have to subscribe to Boxnation separately to get it, itís not being shown on bt sport.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: December 09, 2017, 10:55:28 PM »
De Gale in bother here?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: December 09, 2017, 11:00:26 PM »
He shouldn't get decision...

Not impressive at all.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: December 09, 2017, 11:03:41 PM »
DeGale beat. That wasnít in the script. He was terrible.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: December 10, 2017, 03:26:46 AM »
Conlan comfortable and in complete control here without ever really bothering Molina. Needs to step up in class next time out.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: December 10, 2017, 04:29:10 AM »
Rigo No mas for 7th

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: December 10, 2017, 04:30:08 AM »
Jesus. I thought Loma would win handily as I wasn't sure what offense Rigo could manage but didn't see him quitting like that.

Talk of injured hands or not, fight was only going one way and would have been a 12 round beat down.

Disappointing to say the least.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: December 10, 2017, 04:34:55 AM »
Lomachenko is something else, unbelievably dominant performance. P4P#1 IMO

Disapointing from Rigo maybe he'll get more big fights now tho

Declan

• View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: December 11, 2017, 10:34:51 AM »
Jesus. I thought Loma would win handily as I wasn't sure what offense Rigo could manage but didn't see him quitting like that.

Talk of injured hands or not, fight was only going one way and would have been a 12 round beat down.

Disappointing to say the least.

+1 - very disappointing

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: December 11, 2017, 12:47:27 PM »
Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux this weekend, could potentially be one of the greatest fights ever.

Does anyone know if this is on the normal Boxnation subscription that you get with BT sports?

I think Lomachenko wins this with ease. Too big and just too good. Although I'm a fan of Rigo, I think he may just be on the slide. Well worth watching though.

You have to subscribe to Boxnation separately to get it, itís not being shown on bt sport.

That's not correct. I have BT Sports and don't have a separate Box Nation subscription, but I was able to watch the DeGale and Loma-Rigo fights on BoxNation.

I think BoxNation can limit some fights just for direct subscribers, but it's pretty rare.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: December 11, 2017, 01:22:57 PM »
Had high hopes for the fight but wasn't as built up, unfortunate.

glens73

• View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: December 11, 2017, 01:32:01 PM »

That's not correct. I have BT Sports and don't have a separate Box Nation subscription, but I was able to watch the DeGale and Loma-Rigo fights on BoxNation.

I think BoxNation can limit some fights just for direct subscribers, but it's pretty rare.

I was wrong on this but I had heard initially when this fight was announced that it wouldn't be available on Boxnation to BT sport subscribers similar to the GGG v Canelo fight. I still didn't believe it until I checked on Sunday morning to see if it had recorded and thankfully it had, or maybe not after I watched it, such a let down.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: December 11, 2017, 02:07:34 PM »

I was wrong on this but I had heard initially when this fight was announced that it wouldn't be available on Boxnation to BT sport subscribers similar to the GGG v Canelo fight. I still didn't believe it until I checked on Sunday morning to see if it had recorded and thankfully it had, or maybe not after I watched it, such a let down.

I was going to post this earlier - I had Sky plussed it not knowing if it would record it or not but it did ok. I think the HD may require a further subscription and some events are PPV e.g. GGG V Canelo.
That was never a square ball!!

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: December 11, 2017, 04:15:06 PM »
http://www.irish-boxing.com/new-york-debut-nightmare-for-aaron-mckenna/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

His fight is due to licencing issues with his opponent. Itís an awful shame for him but hopefully weíll be hearing much more about him in the near future. A huge disappointment also to the big band of ones from Monaghan and beyond who had travelled out to see him..

He is fighting this weekend

Aye
http://www.irish-boxing.com/aaron-mckenna-handed-replacement-debut-date/

McKennas fight is on here (20mins in) worth a look in my  opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/GoldenBoyBoxing/videos/10155323488280756/

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: December 11, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »
Decent fight for his first pro match! Plenty power and solid punching! Nice place to get your first fight
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)