Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on March 31, 2018, 11:44:18 PM
I'd say AJ will be happy to have fought & won a different type of fight & go the distance.

Dunno whether it was the lighter weight or a slower pace but his conditioning looked much better than it has. Didn't gas much.

BennyHarp

Canelo v GGG rematch is off. Is Spike really going to get the gig? Sure Eubank Jr bate the head off him. I'd fear for him in against triple G.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Thought for sure it was going to go ahead if not in Nevada I thought somewhere else but I suppose the venue would have been contracted in as well.... looks dead now. Would be doubtful if it happens ever now Golovkin is getting on but there is alot of money to be made so still a good chance.
Spike Sullivan has been goin on about GGG for years I was sure he'd never get the chance as he's a couple of grades below, and somehow here he is..... It'll be back to the beatin a lump of meat days for Golovkin tho.

Atticus_Finch

James Degale scrapped through a fight last night against Caleb Truax, had the decision not gone his way I really think he would have been forced into hanging up the gloves.

Poor performance from the referee.

Led with his head in both the first round and second round, resulting in head butts to Truax. He should have been warned about it.  He reaped what he sowed in the third round as Truax, came off the better in another clash of heads and it resulted in a nasty cut to degale's right eye which hampered his vision for the rest of the fight. 

Took him a few rounds to come to grips with the cut and despite a point deduction in the latter rounds for use of his shoulder in a clench which seemed dubious enough.

Still awarded a unanimous decision with two Judge score cards having degale ahead by the minimum while another went to the CJ Ross school of judging awarding the fight to degale 117-110.

Groves or Smith would not be too scared about what they would have seen from last nights performance.  Degale would need to up it considerably if he is to meet the winner of the World Series of boxing final.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

bennydorano

What time is Cummings on? Any links about, ain't got BT

bennydorano

Cummings beat. Seems a nice fella but just isn't top class.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on April 21, 2018, 09:29:15 PM
Cummings beat. Seems a nice fella but just isn't top class.

No urgency at all!! Has potential just not hungry enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Frampton hardly took McIlroy under his notice!!!

Minder

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 21, 2018, 09:43:53 PM
Frampton hardly took McIlroy under his notice!!!

He is sitting beside BBC legend Stephen Watson, poor bastard
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

square_ball

Khan must have wanted to watch the Frampton fight.

imtommygunn

This fight isn't very good at all.

Milltown Row2

Daft fight! This guy hasn't thrown a punch!

Steven Watson is a Cnut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It's like a smaller audley harrison :(

Milltown Row2

Carl needs to just box him now! Stay away from him to win fight!

imtommygunn

The other fella has a few big shots in him. It would only be a big shot that would win him it but he has a wee bit of ability in him so needs watched!