Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Watched the Quigg fight there, they reckoned he was fighting at 10.2st!! Valdez is a goodun.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on March 11, 2018, 08:38:04 AM
Watched the Quigg fight there, they reckoned he was fighting at 10.2st!! Valdez is a goodun.

Some difference in Valdez and Nevins career paths.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Have 4 extra seated tickets for the Joshua fight if anyone wants to buy them.
Face value £70 each

bennydorano

Will more than likely buy the fight. I get the distinct impression that AJ is very wary of Parker.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on March 27, 2018, 07:28:08 PM
Will more than likely buy the fight. I get the distinct impression that AJ is very wary of Parker.

AJ is a different level but he takes all his opponents seriously. Late stoppage win.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 27, 2018, 09:21:42 PM

AJ is a different level but he takes all his opponents seriously. Late stoppage win.

He'll have more bother with Parker than Wilder imo.

DuffleKing

Parker can box but he takes too many shots and hasn't got the power to hurt AJ enough to put him away. Parker's route to victory is the same as it was against Fury - a decision over the distance - but I find it hard to believe that AJ won't land conclusively over 12 rounds.

nrico2006

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 27, 2018, 11:13:16 PM

Parker can box but he takes too many shots and hasn't got the power to hurt AJ enough to put him away. Parker's route to victory is the same as it was against Fury - a decision over the distance - but I find it hard to believe that AJ won't land conclusively over 12 rounds.

He didn't beat Fury either really though, barely touched him the whole fight.  Parker is easy hit as Takam showed, but there will be a lot more power coming from Joshua's punches that Takam's.

bennydorano

imtommygunn

Might have broken his hand apparently?

Hound

Any links would be appreciated

BennyHarp

Why did the ref give Povetkin a standing count there and not let Price follow up on him. Is there standing counts in pro boxing?
That was never a square ball!!

bennydorano

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

The Trap

How did he get up from that.......