Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 580952 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #12285 on: December 16, 2018, 11:20:12 PM »
Itís a while since Iíve seen anyone with the kicking yips!! Pittsburgh fans must be pulling their hair out!

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: Today at 09:05:46 AM »
Too soon to stick a stake in the Pats ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: Today at 09:12:14 AM »
Enjoyed that last night. Brilliant from the Bears. A long time suffering for us Bears fans up to now. With the Rams losing again and appearing a bit wobbly the last few weeks, a bye is now not out of the question either. Dunno how the Bears gave up 30 odd points to the Gians a few weeks back....could end up being a costly defeat that one.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: Today at 10:15:21 AM »
Any recommended NFL podcasts? The only one I've really tried is Vernon Kays and i'm sure there are better ones out there. It's a minefield though.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: Today at 10:17:56 AM »
Any recommended NFL podcasts? The only one I've really tried is Vernon Kays and i'm sure there are better ones out there. It's a minefield though.

Move the Sticks is good with Daniel Jeremiah & Bucky Brooks, Around the NFL is another popular one but i wouldnít be mad about it, too many cooks maybe
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Crete Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: Today at 11:55:51 AM »
Enjoyed that last night. Brilliant from the Bears. A long time suffering for us Bears fans up to now. With the Rams losing again and appearing a bit wobbly the last few weeks, a bye is now not out of the question either. Dunno how the Bears gave up 30 odd points to the Gians a few weeks back....could end up being a costly defeat that one.

Great win, Trubisky had a good game and now I want to see him put three of these good games together which he hasn't really done yet this season. This defence is legit and as much as I loved the Mike Brown, Urlacher and Tillman defence that D couldn't rush the passer like this version of the Monsters of the Midway!!. If MT can stay in the above average to good category for his QB play for the rest of this season the playoffs will be exciting for da Bearz!! Bear Down!!!

Shout out to Oraisteach and the Brownies who will hopefully finish above .500 this season with a chance to knock their old friends the Ravens out of the playoffs in week 17!!

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: Today at 12:06:57 PM »

Great win, Trubisky had a good game and now I want to see him put three of these good games together which he hasn't really done yet this season. This defence is legit and as much as I loved the Mike Brown, Urlacher and Tillman defence that D couldn't rush the passer like this version of the Monsters of the Midway!!. If MT can stay in the above average to good category for his QB play for the rest of this season the playoffs will be exciting for da Bearz!! Bear Down!!!

Shout out to Oraisteach and the Brownies who will hopefully finish above .500 this season with a chance to knock their old friends the Ravens out of the playoffs in week 17!!

While he hasn't been lights out by the standards of modernd day QB stats, I think I saw a telling stat last night - he has the highest QBR of any Bears QB since McMahon in 1984. With a defence like this one, that's going to get the job done. Urlacher, Briggs and co got Rex Grossman to a SB and nearly won it.