Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WT4E on May 21, 2018, 11:15:20 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 21, 2018, 11:11:20 AM
Very enjoyable game, especially considering the conditions and thought Monaghan thoroughly deserved the win. Pulled away when it mattered.

Don't think anyone can give out about Harte's "treatment" of RON. He was brought on to make an impact and at a time they were chasing the game he couldn't get on the ball at all.

Anyone notice the Tyrone strategy on the throw in? In the first half Collie Cavanagh didn't bother competing for the ball and was fully focused on pushing and shoving his man, not even looking at the ball. His man ended up winning the break.

Noticed this too - I think it sums up Tyrone - they seem to be trained to a point where they don't think off the cuff anymore.

Also sorry if already asked but who made the decision for Morgan to come up and hit that free - thought that day was over and looked like Brennan wanted it. Surely the management has to make that call and if they did it was another mistake.

i wish we would just make the call that anything outside 45 isnt really scoreable and try and work those ones short. Anything inside that McAlisky and Brennan should be able to handle
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

sensethetone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 21, 2018, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: WT4E on May 21, 2018, 11:15:20 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 21, 2018, 11:11:20 AM
Very enjoyable game, especially considering the conditions and thought Monaghan thoroughly deserved the win. Pulled away when it mattered.

Don't think anyone can give out about Harte's "treatment" of RON. He was brought on to make an impact and at a time they were chasing the game he couldn't get on the ball at all.

Anyone notice the Tyrone strategy on the throw in? In the first half Collie Cavanagh didn't bother competing for the ball and was fully focused on pushing and shoving his man, not even looking at the ball. His man ended up winning the break.

Noticed this too - I think it sums up Tyrone - they seem to be trained to a point where they don't think off the cuff anymore.

Also sorry if already asked but who made the decision for Morgan to come up and hit that free - thought that day was over and looked like Brennan wanted it. Surely the management has to make that call and if they did it was another mistake.

i wish we would just make the call that anything outside 45 isnt really scoreable and try and work those ones short. Anything inside that McAlisky and Brennan should be able to handle

The instance of Brennan vs Morgan to take the free, both seemed to want to take the free but shrugged their shoulders as if not to fall out with other. Morgan can hit them but if he misses it nearly always encourages the opposition.

Fuzzman

Totally agree Morgan has to stop taking them. End of. It is giving the other team FAR too much of a boost when he misses and it has to be eating away at his own confidence

I thought his kickouts were quite good most of the time and made a good save once but he just seems to give the other tea and fans a boost too often

Anyway on another note
Is it amazing that the Irish Times put up a photo that shows a clear penalty yet nobody mentions it in the article?

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/experience-carries-the-day-as-monaghan-outlast-tyrone-1.3502314

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 21, 2018, 12:54:45 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 21, 2018, 12:38:19 AM
Tyronies are now reduced to crawling around the floor of their cave  looking for crumbs  ;D

Can't say i didn't tell you the bell was tolling for Tyrone this year and Monaghan would not just prevail but prevail with ease.

Only a Clontibret neolith could get so exercised about a first round Ulster victory, regardless of against whom, to the degree of delusion that has him thinking it's epoch making.  :P
Clontibret??  what drugs are you not taking? or is that the sound of a Tyrone empty vessel? ;D
I'm neither exercised, delusional or from Clontibret and I do realise that beating Tyrone these days has a low currency value.

But hey, sometimes it's okay on occasion to enjoy a cheap beer, a cheap woman and even beating a cheap Tyrone.

Under Lights

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 21, 2018, 10:29:20 AM
What age are the 2 Hughes brothers?

Thought McAnespie was very good, did the job Dessie Ward failed to do.

Watched the game at 7 and didn't know the result, said to the wife McManus was very quiet after about 60 mins, wasn't sure he was still on the pitch but what a 10 minute spell from him which showed us why he's the best footballer in the country.

What did she say to you at the end of the game.

Maroon Manc

It was a decent game to watch but not as good as some have made out.

I'll wait until I see the stats but reckon there won't be as much in the difference between the amount of hand passes on show yesterday as there was last week in Castlebar. I thought both teams gave away so many daft frees and Monaghan scored 1-9 from play just as Galway did last week.

Monaghan were in total charge of the game for long periods, after the first 10 minutes where Tyrone went 0-5 to 0-2 up Monaghan controlled the game although O'Rourke will be disappointed how easy Tyrone found their scores early on.

Fuzzman

Does anyone know does Morgan have high success stats at training?
Is he over confident? I hear he's a nice lad off the pitch.

What do ye all make of Beggan going to Omagh on Wed last wit the minors to practice?

Taylor

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 21, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

What do ye all make of Beggan going to Omagh on Wed last wit the minors to practice?

He shouldnt have been allowed near the pitch if thats the case.

Could you imagine getting similar in Killarney or Castlebar?

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: ONeill on April 04, 2018, 06:29:21 PM
Big name heading towards the backdoor in May.
Hope Monaghan come through that though.
Quote from: Taylor on April 08, 2018, 07:58:25 PM
In all honesty monaghan are an average enough outfit but are dogged as hell which keeps them in many a game.
If, and it's a big If, they don't resort to the dirt, off the ball shenanigans and sly hits we should win by 3+.
Quote from: omaghjoe on April 08, 2018, 10:43:03 PM
I could never fathom Monaghan as a serious threat to Tyrone... almost ever, aye course they're gonna win a few games occasionally especially in the league... but championship is a different story and  if Tyrone play to a decent level they'll win end of story.
They cant even revert to the dirt when they're stuck anymore as Porter and O'Rourke are actually from the heartland.
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 10, 2018, 03:52:32 PM
Monaghan are finished------Tyrone 1-16  Monaghan 0-10
Quote from: Taylor on May 16, 2018, 08:31:18 AM
Monaghan will bring plenty of dirt and off the ball antics on Sunday. The best way to counter this is to play an open brand of football and stretch them all over the field.
Either way I expect a win by at least 3 points

Hmmm......

Great stuff by Monaghan. Whatever about meeting Tyrone later in the championship, there wasn't going to be anything between the two yesterday and I took Monaghan at 2/1. To be 5 up with a few seconds left, Harte losing the head and fans leaving early was a rare sight. It made the long wait in traffic afterwards much easier.

Boycey

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 21, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Sure he's part of the minor management team :D

Fuzzman

What did Harte do on the sideline lads that he was losing the head?

Noice to see the Farney Army enjoying themselves yesterday in the rain and today in the lime light.

Like ourselves they're gracious in victory which shows how little beating us means to them.

A big plus for me was the performance of Skeet. He was miles ahead of anyone else yesterday.
Thought McNamee did quite well too in fairness. Could it be McCarron's last year? You'd imagine HP will be breathing down his neck. (please resist that carrot)

Jinxy

Don't think a run in the qualifiers will do Tyrone any harm.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Taylor

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 21, 2018, 01:45:43 PM
What did Harte do on the sideline lads that he was losing the head?

Noice to see the Farney Army enjoying themselves yesterday in the rain and today in the lime light.

Like ourselves they're gracious in victory which shows how little beating us means to them.

A big plus for me was the performance of Skeet. He was miles ahead of anyone else yesterday.
Thought McNamee did quite well too in fairness. Could it be McCarron's last year? You'd imagine HP will be breathing down his neck. (please resist that carrot)

I actually thought he looked in great nick before the game. Seems to have lost a few lbs.
J McCarron ran himself to a standstill and was taken off near the end. Created a lot for Monaghan

C McCarron is a leader on the team - something we are sorely lacking

trileacman

Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 10:48:06 AM
Quote from: WT4E on May 21, 2018, 10:38:06 AM
Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 08:24:42 AM
Jaysus but where would a man start analysing the game.

MH has to take a lot of responsibility for this loss. I am still a great fan of his but we have to call a spade a spade.

Collie obviously wasnt fit but still started and Brennan seemed to run out of steam. Surely if both boys could only play a certain amount of time they would be better coming off the bench?
His treatment of RON is an absolute disgrace. Used him as a scapegoat.
It is good to see we now have a full forward line rather than 1 player up front but we now have nothing on the 40.

Didnt see the Morgan kick while at the game and genuinely thought Mc Carron was playacting but after watching it at home it was a clear red. What did the umpires see to warrant a yellow?

A few Monaghan mucksavages in the stands would do well to wash their mouths out this morning.

I think this shows alot when you consider a limited club manager would do something like this - When alls going wrong for your team out the field take the corner forward off!  ::)

Point I made in Tyrone section which some dont like as it questions MH.

I understand ONeill wasnt playing well but surely at this level we need to address where the actual problems were stemming from.

WTF we were hoping to achieve by taking off the corner forward I dont know. We were getting over ran in the middle.

Monaghan running at angles and pulling us all over the place.

You've answered your own question there and you don't even know it. Monaghan packed the middle third and disrupted our running game, taking sludden, Harte, Mc Shane, Mc Clure out of the match. Only matty and meyler really got going.

Replacing RON with a big mobile physical presence in the middle (conal) was an attempt to gain parity around the middle. Taking off Ron and replacing him with another corner forward to be starved of ball would have been madness.

If you're going to criticise Harte then pick legitimate complaints like letting Pete play 70 mins or bringing on the ineffective conal or Ron who were both shite. Ron was shite, play 40 mins and touched the ball twice, one of which was a hospital pass to Mc Shane.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Taylor

Quote from: trileacman on May 21, 2018, 02:08:36 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 10:48:06 AM
Quote from: WT4E on May 21, 2018, 10:38:06 AM
Quote from: Taylor on May 21, 2018, 08:24:42 AM
Jaysus but where would a man start analysing the game.

MH has to take a lot of responsibility for this loss. I am still a great fan of his but we have to call a spade a spade.

Collie obviously wasnt fit but still started and Brennan seemed to run out of steam. Surely if both boys could only play a certain amount of time they would be better coming off the bench?
His treatment of RON is an absolute disgrace. Used him as a scapegoat.
It is good to see we now have a full forward line rather than 1 player up front but we now have nothing on the 40.

Didnt see the Morgan kick while at the game and genuinely thought Mc Carron was playacting but after watching it at home it was a clear red. What did the umpires see to warrant a yellow?

A few Monaghan mucksavages in the stands would do well to wash their mouths out this morning.

I think this shows alot when you consider a limited club manager would do something like this - When alls going wrong for your team out the field take the corner forward off!  ::)

Point I made in Tyrone section which some dont like as it questions MH.

I understand ONeill wasnt playing well but surely at this level we need to address where the actual problems were stemming from.

WTF we were hoping to achieve by taking off the corner forward I dont know. We were getting over ran in the middle.

Monaghan running at angles and pulling us all over the place.

You've answered your own question there and you don't even know it. Monaghan packed the middle third and disrupted our running game, taking sludden, Harte, Mc Shane, Mc Clure out of the match. Only matty and meyler really got going.

Replacing RON with a big mobile physical presence in the middle (conal) was an attempt to gain parity around the middle. Taking off Ron and replacing him with another corner forward to be starved of ball would have been madness.

If you're going to criticise Harte then pick legitimate complaints like letting Pete play 70 mins or bringing on the ineffective conal or Ron who were both shite. Ron was shite, play 40 mins and touched the ball twice, one of which was a hospital pass to Mc Shane.

And it took him 62mins to realise this? We were comprehensively outplayed from the 15th minute on

FFS I am a MH fan as much as the next man but he took the easy option yesterday in taking RON off.

It was as comfortable 3 point victory as you are likely to see.