Those Dub Professionals Wha

Started by Declan, March 03, 2016, 04:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: shark on March 04, 2016, 02:13:23 PM
But we won't have 32 inter county teams anymore in that scenario. This may shock people from more successful counties, but club players in many counties would not play county if it meant they couldn't play club. My club generally provides 4/5 players to the county panel in any given year. Knowing these lads, there are very few cases in which they would stay playing county if they couldn't play with us. At least with their club they have a chance of winning something.

Would agree with that. Outside of Division 1 teams and maybe a couple 2 teams players would rather play for their club than county. I remem story of  a Carlow player a few years joined the county panel and then left a few weeks later. The only reason he joined up was he was back from injury and wanted to regain his fitness for club championship  ;D

Rossfan

Kilkenny isone if the smallest Counties in Ireland population wise ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

But we won't have 32 inter county teams anymore in that scenario. This may shock people from more successful counties, but club players in many counties would not play county if it meant they couldn't play club. My club generally provides 4/5 players to the county panel in any given year. Knowing these lads, there are very few cases in which they would stay playing county if they couldn't play with us. At least with their club they have a chance of winning something.

Well within their and their county team mates ability to have won a national league trophy this year.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Declan

Now we know why Jack is taking a year out. It must be Mayo's year.

Rossfan

And if anyone suggests a summer inter county competition they could win......... :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

shark

Quote from: Rossfan on March 14, 2016, 03:08:51 PM
And if anyone suggests a summer inter county competition they could win......... :-\

I agree. Could you imagine a club structure without intermediate and junior. The majority of problems in the GAA are rooted in "tradition".