2014/2015 Premier League.

Started by EC Unique, June 27, 2014, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Only 34 games to go for Mourinho. 114 points.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Good aul ding dong here between hull and west ham. Valencia from Ecuador got some screamer for west ham.

Sam allardyce is a c**k.

Farrandeelin

Not related to this season I know, but the PL are in the headlines again today I see and that notion of playing a 39th game or taking one of the 38 out of England. Personally I'm dead set against it, (I know, I'm just a fan). I think that it MAY happen if the tv deals pay enough money however.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

I heard them discussing this. One of the things they mentioned was playing a full round of games, ie 19 games, on the same weekend all round different parts of the world. It'd be some undertaking.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2014, 10:04:50 AM
I heard them discussing this. One of the things they mentioned was playing a full round of games, ie 19 games, on the same weekend all round different parts of the world. It'd be some undertaking.

Wha? Full round is ten games isn't it?

They might end up doing something like the Rugby League magic weekend or whatever they call it. Money will be the key determinant so it will happen.

blewuporstuffed

Surely they would be better off doing something about cutting the expenses in the premier league(players huge wages etc) rather than looking at other sources of more income.  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2014, 10:12:24 AM

They might end up doing something like the Rugby League magic weekend or whatever they call it. Money will be the key determinant so it will happen.

Sorry, 10 games :) I was raving there.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2014, 10:47:16 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2014, 10:12:24 AM

Sorry, 10 games :) I was raving there.

How would this work?

If it is was a regular season game moved abroad, then 10 teams would lose home advantage in one game.

If it was an extra game, how would you decide shot o play a 3rd team, every title challenger would want to play one of the bottom teams. Imagine the outcry if Man Utd and Liverpool had to play each other 3 times in the league, drew the match, and were both  overhauled by Chelsea because they beat Salford in the extra fixture.
MWWSI 2017

Boycey

God bless them Sky are really trying their best to manufacture a bit of interest in deadline day. Cuadrado aside there seems to be very little going to happen. I'm afraid "Cardiff agree fee with Chesterfield for striker Eoin Doyle" just doesn't get the pulse racing.

AZOffaly

I think the cult of deadline day is over. When the big news is Carlton Cole talking to wBA and Aaron Lennon choosing Everton over Stoke, you know it's hard going to fill a full days tv hypestravaganza.

SHEEDY

Kate abdo. The only reason to watch sky sports news tonight.  ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

AZOffaly

I see old 'Arry has resigned at QPR. Obviously gutted that he wasn't allowed sign 100 players yesterday on a free, but for wages of £150k each per day.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 03, 2015, 03:17:49 PM
I see old 'Arry has resigned at QPR. Obviously gutted that he wasn't allowed sign 100 players yesterday on a free, but for wages of £150k each per day.

He apparently tried to sign Younes Kaboul last night, for what would be, I think, the third time. Saying he's resigning because he needs knee surgery!

Boycey

Alright lads time to show your age....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/how-many-90s-premier-league-stars-can-you-name?utm_term=.smK5d82zYQ&fb_ref=Default#.fgWn32JRL

I got them all plus I knew all the others pictured too, not sure what that says about me mind  :-\