TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: JoG2 on January 13, 2018, 10:46:11 PM
Dark: German TV show. Have watched ep1, very good with bucket loads of potential
Started to watch the first episode but found the Englishes dubbing very off putting. It was better in German with English subtitles.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on January 13, 2018, 08:54:43 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 13, 2018, 08:03:49 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 13, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Dexter any good ?
Brilliant

Is there a storyline or is it one of those shows that you can turn on at any stage and watch away at it?
Yes there is a storyline, from S1  E1 right to the the end. It's an enjoyable yarn which you'll find out soon enough if you like it or not.

Milltown Row2

La Mante, French show on Netflix, very good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Billys Boots

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 13, 2018, 11:02:55 PM
Dark: German TV show. Have watched ep1, very good with bucket loads of potential
Started to watch the first episode but found the Englishes dubbing very off putting. It was better in German with English subtitles.

Finished it; enjoyed it.  Hated the dubbing. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2018, 08:55:26 AM
La Mante, French show on Netflix, very good

Finished this too - enjoyed it as well, though a bit derivative.  Have finished 'The Frozen Dead' too - a bit too Hannibal Lecter for my liking, though it wasn't bad.  Read the book too, so maybe enjoyment was tempered by knowing the plot.  Worth a look, as it's short; six episodes. 

Watched 'big little lies' over the weekend too.  Was impressed. 

lurganblue

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 02, 2018, 09:22:05 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 01, 2018, 11:04:53 PM
Stumbled across Manhunt: Unabomber last night and ended up watching 4 episodes.

Seems very good so far - based on how FBI profiler helped track down the unabomber - serial killer in the states from late 70s to early 90s.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5618256/
Watched the whole series and thought it was excellent

Watched 6 episodes of this over the weekend. really good show.

oakleaflad

Quote from: lurganblue on January 15, 2018, 09:51:51 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 02, 2018, 09:22:05 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 01, 2018, 11:04:53 PM
Stumbled across Manhunt: Unabomber last night and ended up watching 4 episodes.

Seems very good so far - based on how FBI profiler helped track down the unabomber - serial killer in the states from late 70s to early 90s.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5618256/
Watched the whole series and thought it was excellent

Watched 6 episodes of this over the weekend. really good show.
Finished the series and thought it was very good

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 14, 2018, 01:47:03 PM

Agree with you on the dubbing.
If you watched it on Netflix you can change the language to the native language and then turn on English subtitles.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 15, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

If you watched it on Netflix you can change the language to the native language and then turn on English subtitles.

Yeah, I found that out too late, sadly. 

nrico2006

Finished Unabomber last week myself, enjoyed it.  Possibility of a second season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Up The Middle

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 15, 2018, 03:49:08 PM
Finished Unabomber last week myself, enjoyed it.  Possibility of a second season.

Best series ive watched in a long time.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

leenie

Well impressed with unabomber too.. really enjoy 'biographical' type dramas .. any other recommendations?  .. I've seen mindhunter, enjoyed it too.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

JoG2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 15, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

Done the same on Terrarium TV (thanks for whoever mentioned that app a wee while back). Ep 6 now, the madder it's getting!

nrico2006

Quote from: leenie on January 16, 2018, 08:11:42 PM
Well impressed with unabomber too.. really enjoy 'biographical' type dramas .. any other recommendations?  .. I've seen mindhunter, enjoyed it too.
Loved both Unabomber and Mindhunter.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Owen Brannigan

Spiral season 6 now on BBC4 and iPlayer. (French with subtitles)