The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Would take Rafa back in a heart beat

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on April 05, 2015, 09:23:27 PM
So at this stage do Liverpool fans want to hang on in a Europa League place or would it be better to fall away so no European distractions next season?
Sure 4th isn't over yet.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebigfella

Quote from: laoislad on April 06, 2015, 12:01:21 AM
So at this stage do Liverpool fans want to hang on in a Europa League place or would it be better to fall away so no European distractions next season?
Sure 4th isn't over yet.

Agreed....city, arsenal or Utd will be trying to avoid the champions league qualifying round.

Thewildcat

Sure 4th isn't over yet.

can't see the teams that are in the top 4 losing that many points for liverpool to get 4th and i'd say liverpool will lose another 2 games or more before the season is over.

Boycey

Quote from: Thewildcat on April 06, 2015, 02:29:52 PM
Sure 4th isn't over yet.

can't see the teams that are in the top 4 losing that many points for liverpool to get 4th and i'd say liverpool will lose another 2 games or more before the season is over.

Its not inconceivable that United could get 2, 1 or even no points from their next two fixtures? 4th is still well within Liverpools realm but I suppose the big question is how will they regroup after those couple of defeats, especially if the rumblings of dressing room discontent are true.

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on April 06, 2015, 05:34:47 PM
Quote from: Thewildcat on April 06, 2015, 02:29:52 PM
Sure 4th isn't over yet.

Its not inconceivable that United could get 2, 1 or even no points from their next two fixtures? 4th is still well within Liverpools realm but I suppose the big question is how will they regroup after those couple of defeats, especially if the rumblings of dressing room discontent are true.

:-)

GJL

Henderson not for signing now too?

Boycey

Alternatively City could get beat tonight, lose on Sunday and only be 4 ahead of Liverpool :-). Plenty of points left to play for..

StGallsGAA

deiseach

Quote from: Boycey on April 06, 2015, 10:06:57 PM
Alternatively City could get beat tonight, lose on Sunday and only be 4 ahead of Liverpool :-). Plenty of points left to play for..

If Liverpool could go back in time and simply forfeit the Man Utd and Arsenal games, it might still be on. Factoring in the scars from those defeats, not a chance.

AZOffaly

Losing Skrtel and Can is not ideal either. The back 3 for the next 2 games will be Toure/Sahko and Lovren. I suppose the Yanks would call that an 'opportunity'.

Bingo

Can see the wheels really coming off V Blackburn if they don't get a win. Never seen such a boom/bust team or support really, some of the stuff on the forums and on twitter is mind blogging really.

Blackburn will cause problems but I think they should have enough unless the stories of disharmony are really true, by all accounts the press have added legs to what happened and it was fairly standard that you'd expect from a team beat out the door.

Get the win tomorrow night but it will be a battle as Blackburn will be rubbing their hands to find out exactly how fragile team spirit really is.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bingo on April 07, 2015, 11:47:53 AM
Can see the wheels really coming off V Blackburn if they don't get a win. Never seen such a boom/bust team or support really, some of the stuff on the forums and on twitter is mind blogging really.

Blackburn will cause problems but I think they should have enough unless the stories of disharmony are really true, by all accounts the press have added legs to what happened and it was fairly standard that you'd expect from a team beat out the door.

Get the win tomorrow night but it will be a battle as Blackburn will be rubbing their hands to find out exactly how fragile team spirit really is.

It's ridiculous. Pathetic really. I understand the desire to get back challenging again, consistently rather than as one off flash in the pans, but some of the stuff that comes out on twitter and the like is absolutely stupid and ridiculous. When they were on a 17 game unbeaten streak, the same clowns were raving about Rodgers and the team. These days of instant news and instant reaction means you have to look at an awful lot of misinformed bullshite if you want to actually read those sites.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 07, 2015, 12:08:02 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 07, 2015, 11:47:53 AM

It's ridiculous. Pathetic really. I understand the desire to get back challenging again, consistently rather than as one off flash in the pans, but some of the stuff that comes out on twitter and the like is absolutely stupid and ridiculous. When they were on a 17 game unbeaten streak, the same clowns were raving about Rodgers and the team. These days of instant news and instant reaction means you have to look at an awful lot of misinformed bullshite if you want to actually read those sites.

Agree with a lot of that. People calling for Rodgers to go are just off their rocker. There seems to be a few journalists
who seem to want Rodgers to fail. In saying that he does himself absolutely no favours. The week before we play United
and Arsenal he's talking about aiming for second place. I've no problems with him saying this to the players and he should
be but there's no need to say it in a public. Just concentrate on the next game and shut the f*ck up.

AZOffaly

I think Rodgers is a good coach. I think he has proven himself able to adapt in terms of formations and style, and I also think he has proven he can coach 'up' players. He has a lot to learn about the 'management' aspect of things though, in terms of what he says or doesn't say, and also in terms of bringing in players. He also seems to have a blind spot defensively.

I think he will be a good manager, but he has a lot of work to do. That's fine, I'm willing to watch him work at Liverpool with a young squad playing nice football, when they are going well.