Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

That's a very decent draw with the Dublin, KK and Wex winners on the other side. LAois clubs have really not made any impression on the club championship in recent years. Hopefully Camross get back training and give it a go. Some incentive with that draw in fairness.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Quote from: redsetanta on September 27, 2017, 02:47:38 PM
That's a very decent draw with the Dublin, KK and Wex winners on the other side. LAois clubs have really not made any impression on the club championship in recent years. Hopefully Camross get back training and give it a go. Some incentive with that draw in fairness.

in fairness to B/K last year,they gave Cuala more of a game than a lot of the opposition on their march to an All Ireland.

Camross should be aiming for a leinster final appearence.

burdizzo

Sure, we said the same thing 'bout the u21s this year, and look what happened there. Camross could easily be beaten by the Carlow champions.

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on September 27, 2017, 06:34:46 PM
Sure, we said the same thing 'bout the u21s this year, and look what happened there. Camross could easily be beaten by the Carlow champions.
Carlow had a team in an All Ireland final only a few short years ago, Camross, and everyone else would do well to remember that.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on September 27, 2017, 08:28:12 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on September 27, 2017, 06:34:46 PM
Carlow had a team in an All Ireland final only a few short years ago, Camross, and everyone else would do well to remember that.

That's the great thing about the club hurling all ireland right there,a counties relative strength or weakness  often has little bearing

redsetanta

Antrim are testament to that.

Last Leinster won by a Laois team was Camross in 1996.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

burdizzo

R/E and Trumera in intermediate final. I'd imagine R/E will win it.

burdizzo

SCFC

Nothing against Rathdowney Errill but great to see Trumera and Ballypickas winning championships today.
Two very small clubs fighting for their very existence. Delighted for them both.

burdizzo

I assume that if R/E win the Div 1A final, then Portlaoise won't be relegated, despite the pasting they got off Castletown?

Unlaoised

Quote from: burdizzo on July 03, 2018, 11:10:47 PM
I assume that if R/E win the Div 1A final, then Portlaoise won't be relegated, despite the pasting they got off Castletown?

They should be!
LAOIS ABÚ

HURLING1

I believe Rosenallis get promoted regardless of result of Div 1 final

BallyroanAbbey

Going into the last round anyone have predictions for the various championships? Ballacolla will surely be going all out against Camross as a win for them and rathdowney will knock camross out, who would be the most dangerous of animals in the backdoor.

Senior A hard to see past the harps and rosenallis, clonaslee i dont feel have enough, colt seem go have gone back a bit losing kavanagh and parkinson also seemed very unfit against shanahoe who to be fair have added lads onto the team this year, can see them making a semi final. Portlaoise seem in freefall

Intermediate hard to imagine that rathdowney are in the relegation final, Ratheniska/Timahoe also being there is a surprise especially losing to ballypickas, bit of a disaster really. Would like to see Slieve Bloom win it and think they will get to a final against borris, the 2 conroys on a different level from other forwards at this grade, alot will depend if borris lose lads, seem strong.

Junior A reckon Mountmellick will win it and complete back to back championships

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

i think you have your finger on the pulse b/abbey concerning the various grades.

overall the standard is dropping at an alarming rate and that is a major worry.

at senior the 2 weekend games camross/c-ballacolla and Castletown/rathdowney-e could prove pivotal in the championship. if camross and rathdowney win and survive they may end up the finalists. no one could call a winner at senior a level at this moment.  I do think abbeyleix will beat ballyfin in the key basement game this weekend.

at senior b, the story is the pathetic state of hurling in portlaoise. clonaslee may light work of them the last day. the championship structure will still give the town a quarter final berth if they overcome trumera, but no one would fancy them to win this title on the two efforts to date. the harps are the ones to beat, though rosenallis or clonaslee could pose them problems.

in the intermediate I believe the final will feature a repeat of the round 1 match up between clonad and slieve bloom, if they are kept apart in the semi final draw, and as you say B/abbey Conroy is head and shoulders above all others in this grade and will be the difference.

at Junior A I make it tight to call between Mountmellick and Castletown.
Perhaps Kyle could lift the B title at the expense of Camross.

the lack of debate on club hurling on this board, as compared to club football is a fair reflection on the general apathy within the county for the discipline which is a shame.

independent

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on August 14, 2018, 01:25:14 AM
I do think abbeyleix will beat ballyfin in the key basement game this weekend.

Agreed based on a couple of Saturdays ago.