FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

What sort of season would be required for ye to consider that McStay has a good year next year? Staying a D1 and a QF? Or is his goose cooked before a ball is kicked.

Blowitupref

Quote from: oliverkelly on November 07, 2016, 09:21:16 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on November 07, 2016, 09:12:33 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 07, 2016, 06:25:21 PM
We could be without up to 10 of our 2016 players next year.
Claffey and Niall Carty have retired.
Donie Shine, Cathal Cregg, Ian Kilbride, David Keenan, Sean Purcell and the 3 Daly brothers are not available for a host of rumoured reasons.

Is Carty not only around the 25 year old mark or what?

Does he have injury issues or what?

27 was captain of the team in 2014 and 2015. A natural half back who was beginning to make a good full back. Injuries have destroyed him and he is nearly bone on bone at his knees now. Was only able train on off last year and physically is not able to play at that level anymore due to the damage he is doing to himself. A massive loss to Roscommon and especially when we lack defenders.
Donie Shine would be only 27 aswell but another that had his senior county career ruined by injury. Roscommon won 3 of the last 5 U21 Connacht titles should have been 5 in a row so in theory there should be enough talent from those 5 U21 teams to build a competitive senior team in the next year or two.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Quote from: oliverkelly on November 07, 2016, 09:21:16 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on November 07, 2016, 09:12:33 PM
Donie Shine, Cathal Cregg, Ian Kilbride, David Keenan, Sean Purcell and the 3 Daly brothers are not available for a host of rumoured reasons.

Is Carty not only around the 25 year old mark or what?

Does he have injury issues or what?

27 was captain of the team in 2014 and 2015. A natural half back who was beginning to make a good full back. Injuries have destroyed him and he is nearly bone on bone at his knees now. Was only able train on off last year and physically is not able to play at that level anymore due to the damage he is doing to himself. A massive loss to Roscommon and especially when we lack defenders.

Terrible to have that damage done so young or at any age. There is life after football and it's a such a shame that some footballers are so crocked by the time they quit they cant do anything else.

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 07, 2016, 10:11:23 PM
What sort of season would be required for ye to consider that McStay has a good year next year? Staying a D1 and a QF? Or is his goose cooked before a ball is kicked.

Being relegated and making a QF would be more than enough.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Syferus on November 07, 2016, 10:28:58 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 07, 2016, 10:11:23 PM

Being relegated and making a QF would be more than enough.

Agree, league not as important this year staying up has to be the aim but it all boils down to championship. We have been blessed again with the draw no disrespect to Leitrim or London but we have an easy ride into Connacht final and that means last 12. Need to win that and be competitive in a quarter final. I want see us going out to win games this year rather than the shite we done this year of trying stop teams and not playing to our strengths. With McStay as sole manager this year I expect we will play more attaching type of football and go and play to our strengths see how good we are then.

gammysolo

Quote from: oliverkelly on November 07, 2016, 08:52:38 PM

Ian Kilbride is gone overseas on duty for 6 months
Cathal Cregg will be back if he chooses but has requested a few months off to finish his PhD
Donie Shine was not invited down but has a hell of a lot going on outside of football and probably wouldn't have been able commit anyway.
David Keenan was supposedly dropped but talk he may be part of squad yet don't fully rule him out.
Sean Purcell was never good enough for county imo and has been dropped
Niall Daly was considering travelling next year and management told him if he wasn't fully committed for whole season don't bother coming down as they didn't want lads leaving panel mid season like his brothers last year. He opted out.
Neither of the other Dalys have been asked to rejoin panel as of yet. I personally would do what ever I could to get Conor committed.
There's a break down of each of them.

Conor Devanney and Fintan Cregg have left panel too. Neil Colllins is taken time out to concrete on his business so might not be available next year. We need to get Tom Corcoran, Ultan Harney, Cathal Compton and Diarmuid Murtagh fit and ready for next year

muppet

Quote from: gammysolo on November 07, 2016, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on November 07, 2016, 08:52:38 PM

Ian Kilbride is gone overseas on duty for 6 months
Cathal Cregg will be back if he chooses but has requested a few months off to finish his PhD
Donie Shine was not invited down but has a hell of a lot going on outside of football and probably wouldn't have been able commit anyway.
David Keenan was supposedly dropped but talk he may be part of squad yet don't fully rule him out.
Sean Purcell was never good enough for county imo and has been dropped
Niall Daly was considering travelling next year and management told him if he wasn't fully committed for whole season don't bother coming down as they didn't want lads leaving panel mid season like his brothers last year. He opted out.
Neither of the other Dalys have been asked to rejoin panel as of yet. I personally would do what ever I could to get Conor committed.
There's a break down of each of them.

Conor Devanney and Fintan Cregg have left panel too. Neil Colllins is taken time out to concrete on his business so might not be available next year. We need to get Tom Corcoran, Ultan Harney, Cathal Compton and Diarmuid Murtagh fit and ready for next year

You forgot which account you are in.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Heard rumour about Collins heading to America for work and as he can't commit to all 3 competitions he'll be out.
I don't think we'll see Donie Shine or Cregger (©Syfín) feature next year.
As for McStay - Unless we're total sh1te in the NFL he'll survive a relegation.
But bad defeats in a Connacht Final and Round 4 ,esp if no Dalys on the team would see him for the highway considering the split we have.
He'll have no Patsys to be sacrificed next year.
However a decent CF show, win R4 and be competitive in a QF he'll be grand for 2018.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

maigheo

I also see that Gammysolo is posing as a Mayo man under 2 different user names over on the Willie Joe blog.What a clown :)

oliverkelly

If he is someone pretending to be from another county and using a few different profiles he is a complete clown with too much time on his hands.
Anyway I don't think your info is true Conor devanney attended players meeting with management last weekend and although Fintan Cregg wasn't there I have heard since he is committed for 2017.
Rossfan we will 100% not see Donie Shine next year and I agree it is unlikely we will see Cathal Cregg but I have heard from he is due to come back later in the year. I expect a lot will depend on how we are going in early rounds of league whether he sees it worthwhile committing. A break will do him no harm he usually drips in form come championship a later start may suit him.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on November 07, 2016, 11:31:56 PM
Heard rumour about Collins heading to America for work and as he can't commit to all 3 competitions he'll be out.
But bad defeats in a Connacht Final and Round 4 ,esp if no Dalys on the team would see him for the highway considering the split we have.
However a decent CF show, win R4 and be competitive in a QF he'll be grand for 2018.
I was watching a few videos from the last dose of the glory days. Roscommon had a decent team in 98 to 01. The Connacht final 98 was a draw. Ros beat Galway in 01. In both cases Ros were hammered in the 'replays'. Same as this year.
There is a line from Ja in his Laochra Gael "there was no effing way we were going to be beaten twice by Roscommon"

Would Ros players havé internalised that logic?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owenmoresider

Quote from: seafoid on November 08, 2016, 06:49:24 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 07, 2016, 11:31:56 PM
I was watching a few videos from the last dose of the glory days. Roscommon had a decent team in 98 to 01. The Connacht final 98 was a draw. Ros beat Galway in 01. In both cases Ros were hammered in the 'replays'. Same as this year.
There is a line from Ja in his Laochra Gael "there was no effing way we were going to be beaten twice by Roscommon"

Would Ros players havé internalised that logic?
I wouldn't call a win after extra time by a goal handed to Galway on a plate a hammering in fairness.

Farrandeelin

I assume the groups remain unchanged for this most prestigious of Connacht competitions in January?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 08, 2016, 07:50:47 PM
I assume the groups remain unchanged for this most prestigious of Connacht competitions in January?
Yep they are the same as ever.  ::)

Mayo Club 51

Fixtures for Mayo (venues tbc)

Mayo GAA FBD League Fixtures 2017

Fixtures TBC

Section A

Round 1 Mayo v NUIG, Sunday 8th January (2pm, venue tbc).

Round 2 Mayo v Sligo IT, Sunday 15th January (2pm, venue tbc).

Round 3 Roscommon v Mayo, Sunday 22nd January (2pm, venue tbc).

Final : Section A winner v Section B winner, Sunday 29th January (2pm, venue tbc).