FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

It will be Tuam for the big final.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

manfromdelmonte

With no O'Connor to buy soft frees, and O'Shea to horse into lads, Mayo are an average team

Maroon Manc

Mayo probably started with 7 of their best 15 how many did Roscommon?

Looking at Galway they've certainly experimented more than Mayo & Roscommon, surely Galway will send out more of the experienced players for next weeks game given the league opener will only be a week away.

macdanger2

Passed through Roscommon last night and it was like driving in broad daylight such were the amount of bonfires alight!!

Shannoncider

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 18, 2016, 12:09:27 PM

Looking at Galway they've certainly experimented more than Mayo & Roscommon, surely Galway will send out more of the experienced players for next weeks game given the league opener will only be a week away.

Team that played yesterday

G ClaffeyWont be near team
N McInerneyWont be starter but pushing first year on panel
N CollinsStarter
R StackWont be starter
S McDermottStarter
N DalyPossible Starter
C DalyStarter
E SmithStarter
I KilbrideWont be starter
Fintan CreggWont be starter
C MurtaghWont be starter
R DalyWont be starter
S KilbrideStarter
C CreggStarter
D MurtaghStarter

That would be my take on it 7 def starters and one possible

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Shannoncider on January 18, 2016, 12:31:03 PM

N CollinsStarter
R StackWont be starter
S McDermottStarter
N DalyPossible Starter
C DalyStarter
E SmithStarter
C MurtaghWont be starter
R DalyWont be starter
S KilbrideStarter
C CreggStarter
D MurtaghStarter

Cheers

Nihilist

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 17, 2016, 11:26:50 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on January 17, 2016, 09:18:59 PM
It was a day for big upsets.

Man U beat Lpool
Dublin knocked out by Longford as well.

So shock Ros win probably another part of it.

Longford beating Dublin an upset - Yes!
Man Utd Beating Liverpool - Not really!
Ros beating a Mayo side with 7 that played against Dublin last summer - No shock (really)! (no Barrett, Higgins, Cuniffe, Shamie, Barry Moran, Durcan, McLoughlin, Cillian, Andy Moran, Mickey Sweeney, Aido)

Which Higgins are you referring to?
Also you cant really call Mikey Sweeney a first teamer. Nor Paddy Durcan.
Durcan thrown in at the deep end last year becasue of injuries. I doubt he would have played if Vaughan or Cunniffe weren't injured.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 18, 2016, 12:14:07 PM
Passed through Roscommon last night and it was like driving in broad daylight such were the amount of bonfires alight!!

All dangerous untended bonfires too I'd wager.  Those that started were all gone home to book the CityWest for next September.

/Jim.

Syferus

Quote from: Shannoncider on January 18, 2016, 12:31:03 PM

N CollinsStarter
R StackWont be starter
S McDermottStarter
N DalyPossible Starter
C DalyStarter
E SmithStarter
C MurtaghWont be starter
R DalyWont be starter
S KilbrideStarter
C CreggStarter
D MurtaghStarter

Ciaran is our right-footed free-taker. Really has come on at senior. Probably one of the first names on the team sheet such is his work-rate.

larryin89

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 18, 2016, 02:18:37 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 18, 2016, 12:14:07 PM

All dangerous untended bonfires too I'd wager.  Those that started were all gone home to book the CityWest for next September.

/Jim.

It will never come out as they will made a laughing stock but Evans did book city west for aif weekend as a positive thinking exercise last year . Only for Sligo and Fermanagh they probably would of made it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Nihilist on January 18, 2016, 02:03:17 PM

Man U beat Lpool

Ros beating a Mayo side with 7 that played against Dublin last summer - No shock (really)! (no Barrett, Higgins, Cuniffe, Shamie, Barry Moran, Durcan, McLoughlin, Cillian, Andy Moran, Mickey Sweeney, Aido)

Durcan thrown in at the deep end last year becasue of injuries. I doubt he would have played if Vaughan or Cunniffe weren't injured.
Keith Higgins is the Higgins that I'm referring to! He only played 4 minutes yesterday. So in reality he did not really play yesterday. Unless you count 4 minutes at the beginning of a game important time to make an impact?

I agree with you on Mickey and Durcan, but in fairness they got game time last year and were not available yesterday.

Look my point was yesterday was not a shock. Two weakened teams played each other meaning there is no measure of how good or how bad each team is.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 18, 2016, 02:34:26 PM

Man U beat Lpool

Keith Higgins is the Higgins that I'm referring to! He only played 4 minutes yesterday. So in reality he did not really play yesterday. Unless you count 4 minutes at the beginning of a game important time to make an impact?

I agree with you on Mickey and Durcan, but in fairness they got game time last year and were not available yesterday.

Look my point was yesterday was not a shock. Two weakened teams played each other meaning there is no measure of how good or how bad each team is.

Are there rumours Higgins has tore a cruciate?

Nihilist

I agree with you on that. No one knows what side is doing what in terms of training etc. and form that point of view I ain't bothered about this result at all. The real story will be payed out later in the year I assume.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2016, 02:52:01 PM

Man U beat Lpool

Are there rumours Higgins has tore a cruciate?

Nope , just you second guessing .

Rossfan

Enough talk about the also rans.
Let's discuss the FINAL - GAILLIMH V ROS COMÁIN.
I'd say it's Galway's to lose.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM