FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on January 11, 2016, 04:24:11 PM
Do the Mayo lads rate Adam Gallagher?

Yeah, hes been rated for a few years now by the supporters. But (Mayo)Managers never seem to fancy him!

Rudi

Murray is nothing to Danny. He is a Pearses man, good tight corner back, lacks height.

Maroon Manc

Peter Cooke apparently had good games the last 2 weeks against Mayo & Roscommon, anyone on here notice him?

sligoman2

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 11, 2016, 01:48:14 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on January 11, 2016, 12:09:13 AM
Great weekend for us - lost to mayo in u21 by 17 pts yesterday and bet by students today.  We won't have any worries about the final that's for sure.
Saving it for the summer Sligoman2 unlike the Rossies who will be juiced again lol
I hope you are right Sligonian.  Has Ross retired?

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 11, 2016, 04:29:26 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 11, 2016, 04:23:20 PM
Are Murray and McManus 4 and 5 anything to Danny or Tony/Junior ?
McManus is a son of Tony.
That is a pure class aspect of the GAA. Mol an oige agus tiocfaidh si
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shrewdness

Was at the Ros/Nuig game and thought that Cooke was a much better and consistent
performer than the much vaunted Conor O`Shea.

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 11, 2016, 08:55:02 PM
Was at the Ros/Nuig game and thought that Cooke was a much better and consistent

Much vaunted by whom?  ???

Duine Eile

Ronan Steede and Martin Farragher were meant to have good games for GMIT in the first round, didn't see it myself but hopefully Steede might get a chance during the league this year. He was also named club footballer of the year too I think.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 11, 2016, 08:47:16 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 11, 2016, 01:48:14 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on January 11, 2016, 12:09:13 AM
Great weekend for us - lost to mayo in u21 by 17 pts yesterday and bet by students today.  We won't have any worries about the final that's for sure.
Saving it for the summer Sligoman2 unlike the Rossies who will be juiced again lol
I hope you are right Sligonian.  Has Ross retired?
Apparently so, pity but he owes the county nothing, a great servant over the past decade.

seafoid

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 11, 2016, 10:12:49 PM
Ronan Steede and Martin Farragher were meant to have good games for GMIT in the first round, didn't see it myself but hopefully Steede might get a chance during the league this year. He was also named club footballer of the year too I think.
He was , yeah. sure wasn't he fabliss for corofin ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 11, 2016, 08:44:06 PM
Peter Cooke apparently had good games the last 2 weeks against Mayo & Roscommon, anyone on here notice him?
Cooke was dacent yesterday alright. Kicked a few mighty points.
However our midfield wasn't the best :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Duine Eile

Quote from: seafoid on January 11, 2016, 10:38:16 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on January 11, 2016, 10:12:49 PM
He was , yeah. sure wasn't he fabliss for corofin ?

Seafoid I can never tell whether you're being serious or taking the piss!  ;D either way I'd say that's the first time "fabliss" has been used to describe a player on this board!  :)

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2016, 11:02:11 PM

We have one established midfielder who's fit. Cathal Compton who hasn't kicked a ball in anger at senior IC yet may well be the second to reach fitness sometime in February. Brutal situation.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on January 11, 2016, 09:35:25 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 11, 2016, 08:55:02 PM

Much vaunted by whom?  ???

Yeah looking forward to seeing the list!

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 11, 2016, 11:16:07 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2016, 11:02:11 PM

We have one established midfielder who's fit. Cathal Compton who hasn't kicked a ball in anger at senior IC yet may well be the second to reach fitness sometime in February. Brutal situation.

Not good in fairness. Need serious midfield players to compete in Div. 1 before worrying about anything else. Gibbons looks like he s going well now for us. He could have been important last year if he was fit. Ideally we need Seamus O Shea, Aidan O Shea, Parsons, Gibbons and Barry Moran well and able to do shifts around the middle this year and maybe the option to use a couple in other roles as well.