FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayo.mick

I was thinking myself that there was well over 3.000 there yesterday. Throw in delayed a good country 5 mins. People still coming in 20 mins into the match!
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Nihilist

Very strong team that Mayo had out considering there were so many guys on at the end who had played in last years semis. Add is Harrisson, Gibbons, Ronaldson, Sweeney  and Doherty who were player/panelists for the past few years and there weren't really that much new faces on the pitch. A 2 points victory that was hard work as well with the students probably feeling a little unlucky. Still - it's only January so not panicking yet.

moysider

Quote from: Nihilist on January 04, 2016, 11:39:59 PM
Very strong team that Mayo had out considering there were so many guys on at the end who had played in last years semis. Add is Harrisson, Gibbons, Ronaldson, Sweeney  and Doherty who were player/panelists for the past few years and there weren't really that much new faces on the pitch. A 2 points victory that was hard work as well with the students probably feeling a little unlucky. Still - it's only January so not panicking yet.

Thought it was mostly good actually. Great to see Gibbons back in the frame. Played really well but will probably have to be rested a while after picking up a concussion near the end. Important player for us imo. Parsons was quality as well. Nothing wrong with Boyle either and McLoughlin was different class.

Shrewdness

With all the players that Roscommon have missing through injury and playing for colleges etc, Mayo will probably win this section, and go on to meet Galway in the Final.

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 05, 2016, 12:39:27 AM
With all the players that Roscommon have missing through injury and playing for colleges etc, Mayo will probably win this section, and go on to meet Galway in the Final.

Dunno. I can see Roscommon having far more interest in this like they had last year and wanting it more.

For me, one of the most interesting aspects of the Mayo v NUIG game was that Keith Higgins was brought in as a six. Of course it mightn't mean feck all either in the medium or long term. But I think they might be thinking.

GalwayBayBoy

I would be far from certain that we will win our section. An awful lot of players missing for one reason or another and Leitrim usually take the FBD relatively seriously. Would not surprise me if they beat us next weekend.

Shrewdness

I hear that the Roscommon v Mayo match on January 17, has been moved from Ballinlough to Hyde Park. Must be expecting a decent sized crowd.

larryin89

Roscommon will beat Mayo with ease in this competition .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on January 07, 2016, 10:31:08 PM

Can't see any other result other than a Rossie win. Mayo missing too many of the Summer starters.

mayo.mick

Ross v Mayo to be moved to the Hyde I'm hearing
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 07, 2016, 10:43:44 PM

Can't see any other result other than a Rossie win. Mayo missing too many of the Summer starters.
Give over buicìns :D sure we have 11 injured and 13 tied to them effin Colleges.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

It'd be a huge setback for Kevin's Project Roscommon if they were to lose out on Sunday

Rossfan

Sunday coming we play NUIG. I hear it's moved to dear old Elphin's Pàirc an Úllord.

Syferus

Not known as a ground that holds water well..

Rossfan

A grand historic parkeen.