FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on January 14, 2015, 07:38:39 PM
Is Cillians ban for first league game or championship?

Same competition; championship. Unless Prenty can swing something ;)
I feel a motion before congress coming along.

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on January 14, 2015, 06:34:38 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 14, 2015, 04:42:01 PM

Also remains to be seen what type of Spring we have with new management. Early indications are encouraging and we may have more options this year but heading out without COC is not the start to the championship we would relish right now.
Would ye not be better off developing a few confident and driven  forwards who don't need him around ?

I'm sure that we're trying to that all the time but they don't grow on trees.

The confident thing is an issue. Even the last day it seemed that some players were trying too hard to impress rather than play the game in front of them and taking the simple and correct option. With so few chances in the team and so much competition its as if they re playing with a gun to their head. Even those who make the panel are constantly under pressure and hard to develop confidence if you re getting hauled off all the time. I think Freeman has suffered from this. Appears to have all the ingredients yet.........
I realise I m in the minority but I think we have the quality in the forwards and it is about getting selection, balance and tactics sorted.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on January 14, 2015, 08:38:04 PM

Also remains to be seen what type of Spring we have with new management. Early indications are encouraging and we may have more options this year but heading out without COC is not the start to the championship we would relish right now.
Would ye not be better off developing a few confident and driven  forwards who don't need him around ?

The confident thing is an issue. Even the last day it seemed that some players were trying too hard to impress rather than play the game in front of them and taking the simple and correct option. With so few chances in the team and so much competition its as if they re playing with a gun to their head. Even those who make the panel are constantly under pressure and hard to develop confidence if you re getting hauled off all the time. I think Freeman has suffered from this. Appears to have all the ingredients yet.........
I realise I m in the minority but I think we have the quality in the forwards and it is about getting selection, balance and tactics sorted.
Is O'Connor the only definite "give me the f**king ball" forward on the panel ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on January 14, 2015, 08:49:03 PM

I don t think so but I m sure there s many would disagree with me.

INDIANA

for freetaking yes

moysider

It has to be said that Cillian makes you feel awful secure when he s on a free or penalty. First since Maurice Sheridan that could kick a 45. For more than 10years our 45s were a joke. I remember we did a count once of 45s we missed in a row. We missed 12 in a row once. A friend reminds me that Kevin O Neill actually kicked one backwards.

Cillian still developing and it remains to be seen what his best role is. There is no doubt that he can be a deadly finisher; he is also a very creative player. It would probably help if one or two others took the heat off him by becoming more consistent.

larryin89

Quote from: INDIANA on January 14, 2015, 09:01:25 PM

for freetaking yes

Time will tell. ;)
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Put Up That Flag

Are Mayo going to bother fulfilling the fixture Sunday? Is there any point really?  They are facing probably the finest team of the year in Roscommon, how will the mayo defence expect to contain the finest forwards in the game,  Syferus has Cregger (aka the bearded magician) his upteenth all star sown up yet after his 2 performances to date?

seafoid

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on January 15, 2015, 12:37:04 PM
Are Mayo going to bother fulfilling the fixture Sunday? Is there any point really?  They are facing probably the finest team of the year in Roscommon, how will the mayo defence expect to contain the finest forwards in the game,  Syferus has Cregger (aka the bearded magician) his upteenth all star sown up yet after his 2 performances to date?
Certainly on a Monday to Friday online basis Roscommon are the best team in Connacht
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

twohands!!!

Quote from: seafoid on January 15, 2015, 12:57:17 PM
Quote from: Put Up That Flag on January 15, 2015, 12:37:04 PM
Certainly on a Monday to Friday online basis Roscommon are the best team in Connacht

All they need to do is get their fixtures switched to the same place and they'll be winning all around them - getting games switched to weekdays might be possible but I think online is going to be the fatal stumbling block.

weareros

Interesting that Johnomahonyitis (bigging up London, Ros, Sligo, Nua Eabhrac, Leitrim when facts suggest the contrary) is the prevailing mentality that has come to dominate Mayo and Galway football supporters. He fairly left his mark. Too bad: the calling a spade a spade from James Horan was much more refreshing. Psychobabble never made a football team. Tabhair aire lads. Ye could be in for a rough year.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on January 17, 2015, 06:46:14 AM
Interesting that Johnomahonyitis (bigging up London, Ros, Sligo, Nua Eabhrac, Leitrim when facts suggest the contrary) is the prevailing mentality that has come to dominate Mayo and Galway football supporters. He fairly left his mark. Too bad: the calling a spade a spade from James Horan was much more refreshing. Psychobabble never made a football team. Tabhair aire lads. Ye could be in for a rough year.

Horan was one of the worst offenders of psychobabble in living memory. Horan has plenty of talents but talking to the media was just an endless stream of jockeying expectations.

Mayo Club 51

Mayo team named earlier.

1)   Kenneth O'Malley - Ballinrobe
2)   Chris Barrett - Belmullet
3)   Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
4)   Lee Keegan - Westport
5)   Colm Boyle - Davitts
6)   Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
7)   David Drake - Ballaghaderreen
8)   Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
9)   Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
10) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore