FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: REDCOL on January 20, 2014, 07:47:37 AM
I am not the 'ladeen's' biggest fan, but he was the pick of the subs in the All Ireland Final. Maybe if you watched were the game was lost yesterday. An Allstar HalfBack left brutally exposed time and again in an unfamiliar position (bar Salthill). A 23 year old whose lack of pace brutally exposed yet again when Murtagh came on. And finally and most worrying The Dynasty continues with a young fella played again when it is obvious he has not the physique for Senior Intercounty.  Any comment on the man the ladeen replaced and his performances in the last 12 months, not up to his high standards I would suggest.

While you are free not to rate the ladeen, he has an All Ireland medal in his arse pocket unlike Conor Mortimer and he like Mortimer lives in Dublin but didn't throw in the towel. For what it's worth I believe he is only an impact sub, but lay off him and maybe the Ballina Campaign so admirably led by Terry Reilly will get Our Saviour from the Banks of the Moy into the FF line.

If not we will get our two saviours from the Banks of the Moy to lead us to glory next year.

Judging by your lack of objectivity, you are obviously related to him so there is little point in arguing with you.

But........

Pick of the subs?

As for the medal in his back pocket he was a non-scoring sub with 20 mins to go. Fair play to him for being part of the 2006 squad, but even now I'd prefer Ronaldson and Kilcoyne.

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on January 23, 2014, 05:12:17 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 23, 2014, 03:40:50 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 23, 2014, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 23, 2014, 11:18:24 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 23, 2014, 06:10:55 AM
Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2014, 01:29:20 AM
Duffy's circus is in Carrick for the FBD final.

Guess the Bekan lads thought Leitrim and January weather weren't enough of a challenge for us.

Of course that's the way it is like. Have you heard yourself .

Well at least you'll have no excuse for the big un on the 8th of June , Hyde park alright for you, If I had my way I'd let ye choose the ref too just to shut your ilk the fook up.
You, THE MAN and the rest of the Rhus will get some shock whenever the Connacht Council Delegates from the other 4 Counties grow some testicles.

Don't be holding your breath Rossfan.

Will we ever see the day?
Talk about cosy cartels  ??? :-\
Will ye Rotties ever mind yeersels
I'm tellin ye, that chip on yeer shoulder will do
damage before the year is out ;)

Yeah, it'll hit the Rhubarbs in the face.

Jamesy lamented "crazy stuff" by Mayo in Ballinlough, I assume more trips to the sports psychologist will be needed?

ck

Lads would any of eye have a copy of the programme from last Sundays FBD Galway GMIT game?
I just need teams and subs. Thanks in advance

rodney trotter

Quote from: ck on January 23, 2014, 10:57:27 PM
Lads would any of eye have a copy of the programme from last Sundays FBD Galway GMIT game?
I just need teams and subs. Thanks in advance

All that stuff is on Hoganstand. Check the Galway page.

Here it is anyway http://www.hoganstand.com/Galway/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=207908

larryin89

"Jamesy lamented "crazy stuff" by Mayo in Ballinlough, I assume more trips to the sports psychologist will be needed?"

Oh Syferus , thirteen years of heartache is really starting to take its toll.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on January 23, 2014, 11:06:59 PM
"Jamesy lamented "crazy stuff" by Mayo in Ballinlough, I assume more trips to the sports psychologist will be needed?"

Jaysus Larryin, it was only an FBD League defeat, no need to take it so personally!

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

Jaysus Larryin, it was only an FBD League defeat, no need to take it so personally!
Looks like our little winín last Sunday has them spooked ;D
Anyway let's hope Carrick isn't too boggy on Sunday for the game of the year so far.
Make sure we all get there early as the traffic from the Ros side into Carrick on Sundays is always awful and no point having to walk from Croghan or Cootehall.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 24, 2014, 05:21:37 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

Looks like our little winín last Sunday has them spooked ;D
Anyway let's hope Carrick isn't too boggy on Sunday for the game of the year so far.
Make sure we all get there early as the traffic from the Ros side into Carrick on Sundays is always awful and no point having to walk from Croghan or Cootehall.

Back in July Donegal lads (and the two Laois supporters that exist) were parking up before they even got to the industrial units outside Carrick, not knowing they were probably nearer Boyle than Pairc Sean. Motored on in past the Landmark. We just made it in time for the throw-in, thanks to two delays in the start time. Those poor Donegal lads were still streaming in 30 minutes into the game.

Rossfan

Missed the first 5 minutes of the Minor game v Sligo last Summer due to traffic queues. Didn't they know we'd be out in our usual force to support the Minoreens  >:(.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Ros down against Laythrum FFS.
Will Syfin be togging out ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ross4life

Well done to Leitrim fully deserved to retain their FBD title, woeful stuff from us never got going we looked like a poor div 4 team today. 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

"If there was a Division 8 Roscommon would be in it."

Larryin, stop texting Shannonside.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 26, 2014, 03:54:14 PM
"If there was a Division 8 Roscommon would be in it."

Larryin, stop texting Shannonside.
Athlone left bank, Tulsk mart, Knockcroghery duidini, Boyle farmers market, Brian Carthy, Casey's car showroom,
Ming's pot bogwallahs - your team took one hell of a beating
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

orangeman

Quote from: ross4life on January 26, 2014, 03:47:39 PM
Well done to Leitrim fully deserved to retain their FBD title, woeful stuff from us never got going we looked like a poor div 4 team today.

And nearly bate Tyrone last July in the championship had ye taken your chances.

muppet

Well done Leitrim. Again!
MWWSI 2017