Rte live this weekend & Sky coverage of 2016 gaa c/ship updated.

Started by cornetto, May 08, 2016, 11:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

We have a better chance than ye of winning it this year anyway ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 30, 2016, 07:33:16 AM
Quote from: ck on June 29, 2016, 08:50:46 PM
Anyone know how games are picked by RTE, BBC and SKY?

I'd have thought the Ulster replays would be a Cert this weekend

what games are on this weekend?
The Munster football and Leinster hurling finals are both on RTE.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ck

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 30, 2016, 09:30:17 AM

Two predictable wins for Kerry and Kilkenny zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Very few can call the Ulster replays, yet RTE go live with watching paint dry. Same as those two awful games in Croke Park last weekend.

the onion bag

Quote from: ck on June 30, 2016, 10:11:49 AM

Very few can call the Ulster replays, yet RTE go live with watching paint dry. Same as those two awful games in Croke Park last weekend.

Crazy situation but they're contractually obligated for certain games from the master schedule by the looks of it. This weekend SKY would have had the pick of qualifiers and obviously Dublin v Cork is the standout one and I'm sure all provincial finals have to be shown live.

joemamas

Quote from: the onion bag on June 30, 2016, 10:21:29 AM

Crazy situation but they're contractually obligated for certain games from the master schedule by the looks of it. This weekend SKY would have had the pick of qualifiers and obviously Dublin v Cork is the standout one and I'm sure all provincial finals have to be shown live.

IMO a complete load of crap or couldn't care less attitude by the GAA "marketing people" once again. We have the TV money so all is good.
Lets see the conflict here, two fairly bullsh*t hurling games, no disrespect meant, (attendance will speak for itself).
How many of the people who watched the drawn game last Saturday, will tune into those two. Why neither SKY nor RTE could not just put a camera there and a microphone in the stand, no commentator needed is beyond me.
Will any supporters be daring/ adventurous enough to do a live cam or stream whatever will make those who cannot attend watch game.

Zulu

Are people seriously suggesting provincial finals should be dropped from the schedule to show the Ulster semi final replays? While neither hurling qualifier game is particularly appetising I don't think most hurling fans would be in favour of dropping them just because football games the previous week (2 weeks in the case of one replay!) ended in a draw. Besides I'm sure the Ulster council are quite happy they are not being shown.

joemamas

Quote from: Zulu on June 30, 2016, 02:39:00 PM
Are people seriously suggesting provincial finals should be dropped from the schedule to show the Ulster semi final replays? While neither hurling qualifier game is particularly appetising I don't think most hurling fans would be in favour of dropping them just because football games the previous week (2 weeks in the case of one replay!) ended in a draw. Besides I'm sure the Ulster council are quite happy they are not being shown.

No to your first Q.
Do you really think that given the choice, the majority of people who watched the drawn game last Saturday would prefer to watch the replay or the hurling playoff's. Call me crazy, but I would say only die hard hurling fans will be tuning into to those two games on Saturday. They don't have to drop those, just give fans option. Promote the games, we have had a fair amount of pure one sided sh*t games this year.
Put a camera there with no commentary, who cares. Does not have to be the entire song and dance of studio, theatrics etc,.

I personally can do without " Isin't that riot James" for one game.
No offense.

Zulu

I'm sure most football fans would prefer to watch football and most hurling fans would prefer to watch the hurling. I'd much rather see Monaghan Donegal than Cork/Dublin in the hurling but I don't agree it should be dropped for a replayed football game. There'll be camera's at the Ulster replay anyway so why they are not offering it as a streamed online game I can't say. I see they are putting Cavan/Tyrone as a delayed game on Sunday. I'm sure there are some good reasons all games are not being offered live and the Ulster council could be one of them.

ck

Yes I'd be all for suggesting that. I'd rather watch games that we can't predict rather than games that are so predictable it's untrue.

Always best to show games of mass appeal rather than give everyone a turn just to keep them happy

armaghniac

Are people seriously suggesting provincial finals should be dropped from the schedule to show the Ulster semi final replays?

RTÉ have several channels on Saorview, mostly showing nothing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Zulu

Quote from: ck on June 30, 2016, 10:18:52 PM

Yes I'd be all for suggesting that. I'd rather watch games that we can't predict rather than games that are so predictable it's untrue.

Always best to show games of mass appeal rather than give everyone a turn just to keep them happy

So let me get this right, if Sligo are playing Mayo in a Connacht final and Mayo are expected to win handy (or indeed Sligo) you'd be in favour of dropping that game from the TV schedule to show an alternative fixture if it was deemed likely to be competitive?

I'm all in favour of showing as many games on TV as I live in the UK so if Saorview can be used great.

cornetto

Saturday, 2 July

3.30pm, QUALIFIER Wexford v Offaly live on RTÉ One and RTÉ Playeri

Sat 2nd July All-Ireland SHC Qualifier Round 1 (sky)

dublin v cork 6.30pm
Sunday, 3 July

2pm Munster Football Final
Kerry v tipperary

4pm Leinster Hurling Final
Kilkenny v galway

6.30 bbc2 deferred coverage Tyrone v cavan

lenny

Quote from: cornetto on July 01, 2016, 04:50:21 PM
Saturday, 2 July

3.30pm, QUALIFIER Wexford v Offaly live on RTÉ One and RTÉ Playeri

Sat 2nd July All-Ireland SHC Qualifier Round 1 (sky)

dublin v cork 6.30pm
Sunday, 3 July

2pm Munster Football Final
Kerry v tipperary

4pm Leinster Hurling Final
Kilkenny v galway

6.30 bbc2 deferred coverage Tyrone v cavan

Not too appetising. Think I'll just wait for the highlights on TSG.

screenexile

omagh_gael

Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2016, 04:19:37 PM
Anyone know why BBC can't show the Ulster games??

Must be a rights issue, the Tyrone game tomorrow will be shown at 6.30pm which I am assuming is because RTE wouldn't allow it to clash with their 4pm game. The Donegal v Monaghan game would clash with the Dubs v Cork game this evening which is probably why it's not being shown.