Winking

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, April 21, 2009, 07:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

What are people's views on winking? Is it acceptable social interaction or an outdated arrogant trait?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

cavan4ever

Where the other thread go ? :D

Orior

I know some girls in my work who would be upset if they got all dolled up and didnt get a wolf whistle.

Winking isnt anywhere near as good.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

cavan4ever

Thats one thing i cant get the hang off.

Our Nail Loney

So what did Stuart do??

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 21, 2009, 08:28:22 PM
So what did Stuart do??

He was an awful aul bollux to Penny one night then hugged her the next mroning but gave the wink to someone while he was hugging her. Fierce stuff anything. Davina went buck mad.

Christ I can't believe I'm so f**king sad that I remember that.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ziggysego

I feel like a p***k when I wink.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 21, 2009, 11:36:43 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 21, 2009, 08:28:22 PM
So what did Stuart do??

He was an awful aul bollux to Penny one night then hugged her the next mroning but gave the wink to someone while he was hugging her. Fierce stuff anything. Davina went buck mad.

Christ I can't believe I'm so f**king sad that I remember that.

Whose Stuart?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rav67

How did the winking discussion pan out on the other thread?  I was one of the early contributors but I see its been pulled before I got the chance to read the further comments!

The Real Laoislad

Step 1
Look at yourself in the mirror with both eyes open to practice.

Step2
Close one eye quickly. If you can't do one side, try the other. Do which ever side feels more comfortable.

Step3
Practice getting one eye as close to closing as possible if you can't get it shut all the way. Don't get frustrated if you can't get it there; it may just take you a while.

Step4
Close one eye and hold it with your hand if you still can't wink. Practice this until you can keep your eye closed even after you've released it from your hand.

Step5
Try winking the other eye once you get one eye down. With enough practice you'll be able to wink one eye at a time quickly one after the other.

Step6
Make sure, by checking yourself out in the mirror, that you aren't squinting or making a weird face when you wink. Practice winking until you look normal and natural doing it.

Step7
Try out your new wink on a friend. You'll be able to see by the expression on his face whether you've done it correctly, or if you still need more work.

Tips & Warnings
Use your new skill in a variety of ways; for flirting, teasing or giving someone a signal. Kids also love to wink and be winked at.

Don't go overboard with winking. People interpret winking in different ways. Some might think a chronic winker is up to no good.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

whiskeysteve

Personally am a fan of the Roger Moore eyebrow raise. Wish I could execute it
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

leenie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 22, 2009, 12:11:28 AM
Step 1
Look at yourself in the mirror with both eyes open to practice.

Step2
Close one eye quickly. If you can't do one side, try the other. Do which ever side feels more comfortable.

Step3
Practice getting one eye as close to closing as possible if you can't get it shut all the way. Don't get frustrated if you can't get it there; it may just take you a while.

Step4
Close one eye and hold it with your hand if you still can't wink. Practice this until you can keep your eye closed even after you've released it from your hand.

Step5
Try winking the other eye once you get one eye down. With enough practice you'll be able to wink one eye at a time quickly one after the other.

Step6
Make sure, by checking yourself out in the mirror, that you aren't squinting or making a weird face when you wink. Practice winking until you look normal and natural doing it.

Step7
Try out your new wink on a friend. You'll be able to see by the expression on his face whether you've done it correctly, or if you still need more work.

Tips & Warnings
Use your new skill in a variety of ways; for flirting, teasing or giving someone a signal. Kids also love to wink and be winked at.

Don't go overboard with winking. People interpret winking in different ways. Some might think a chronic winker is up to no good.

were you googling something, made a spelling mistake, and got up winking instead? ;)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: leenie on April 22, 2009, 12:15:13 AM

were you googling something, made a spelling mistake, and got up winking instead? ;)

No
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leenie

i thought you were googling winning because being from laois and all, you don't really now about it personally !
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: leenie on April 22, 2009, 12:22:10 AM
i thought you were googling winning because being from laois and all, you don't really now about it personally !

You copying what Treas said in chatzy.....?
You'll Never Walk Alone.