Ard Mhacha v An Mhí 29-3-09

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, March 22, 2009, 07:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Never started an Armagh match thread before.  :D Little amuses the innocent.

Win in this one and promotion might be a possibility. Is it in Cross next Sunday?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Sandy Hill

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 22, 2009, 07:37:52 PM

Win in this one and promotion might be a possibility. Is it in Cross next Sunday?

According to gaa.ie it's in the Athletic Grounds.
"Stercus accidit"

Orior

Quote from: Sandy Hill on March 22, 2009, 07:43:03 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 22, 2009, 07:37:52 PM

According to gaa.ie it's in the Athletic Grounds.

That happy hunting ground for visiting teams?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AFS

Nearly sure its in Cross. Double header with the hurlers, who are also playing Meath and chasing promotion.

mackers

Also heard it was in Cross. Just as long as it's not transferred to Navan or we'll be whipped out of it AGAIN!! We owe Meath for a few hammerings there, don't remember the last time we played Meath at home.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

corn02

Hopefully a good few get out to the hurling, some big wins for them this year.

Really looking forward to this now after today. A win and it would be three victories in a row, probably haven;t done that since 05.

The keeper situation gets more interesting. What way does it work now? I would imagine Hearty will be in next week.

I see no reason to change the midfield. Wouldn;t mind SK starting.

mackers

Getting someone in for Finn Mo is also a priority, may be a bit quick for Brendan Donaghy but he's the man to make the difference in the FB line for me. Big test for our midfield again next week

armaghniac

It maybe worth trying Mo in the half back line, as he looks useful going forward a bit, Aaron style. Perhaps Paul Kernan could be given a run out.

Armagh have shown variation from good to bad before, can this be related to training? We sure owe Meath one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AFS

Yeah, wouldn't ditch Finn Mo completely. He's a good footballer, but just doesn't have the pace to play in the last line of defence.

Is it a coincidence that nearly all of Armagh's poor league performances come in Sat evening games? Fermanagh (even though we won), Laois, Meath last year?

mackers

He's a good player OK, gets up and down the field well, but is he any better than any of our other options in the HB line? McDonnell has great faith in him, thought he had a good year last year but he's struggling badly this year.

AFS

I don't think he did all that well last year either. He was poor in most of the league games, but went on to play alright in the Ulster championship against average opposition like John Clarke and Jason O'Reilly. He was very poor again when we got to Croke Park and played a team with a half decent forward line. McDonnell is unlikely to drop him at this stage though  ::) :(

bigpaul

Aidan O'Rourke will be suspended after his yellow today so Brendan Donaghy could be back at full-back next week. As it happens he was just about the only Armagh player to aquit himself well against the 'Royals' in Navan last year!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: mackers on March 22, 2009, 09:48:25 PM
He's a good player OK, gets up and down the field well, but is he any better than any of our other options in the HB line? McDonnell has great faith in him, thought he had a good year last year but he's struggling badly this year.
Agree with the ya Mackers, I'd rather him in HB than FB, though we have better players in HB already. Plenty of football in him alright, would swapping him from FB to HB with C McKeever (for say marking jobs) be a viable option? What have Meath been like so far this year?

rionach 4

I wonder will Peter play Keiran Toner as the Under-21's are in Ballybofey on the following wednesday.
We would need him as I watched the Meath game against Monaghan on setanta and Crawford and Ward were mostly in control

Jinxy

I think this will be a very tough assignment for Meath which is why I was so disappointed we didn't beat Monaghan. We could have done with full points from that game and should have won with a bit in hand. Midfield and defence going well at the moment but the forwards are not putting up big scores. If King starts at FF again I will be absolutely gobsmacked. Fair enough playing backs as wing forwards but the FF line needs natural forwards as the HF line isn't going to contribute much to the scoreboard.
If you were any use you'd be playing.