Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 07, 2017, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on March 07, 2017, 02:06:53 PM
Aye they can keep Larne & Ballymena  :o lol

Come on lads no one gets left behind 😃
Sure SF topped the FP votes up here for the first time ever
I mm with you on the larne bit all the same

That's exactly what Collins said about the six all those years ago.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Take Your Points

Which party had the most successful election in terms of improving its first preference votes compared to the May 2016?

Denn Forever

Could SF or the DUP form a government  by forming a coalition with the smaller parties? Can't see either SF or DUP backing down.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Take Your Points

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 08, 2017, 05:37:36 PM
Could SF or the DUP form a government  by forming a coalition with the smaller parties? Can't see either SF or DUP backing down.

It is mandatory coalition according to D'hondt. 10 ministries divided up.

This would mean 5 each for DUP and SF if no one else joins executive - DUP would attempt 4 DUP, 3 SF and 1 Independent for Justice essentially a 5:3 unionist:nationalist split as DUP have refused to allocate Justice to a nationalist.

It could also go 3 DUP, 3 SF, 1 SDLP, 1 UUP or 3 DUP, 2 SF, 1 SDLP, 1 UUP and 1 Alliance for Justice.

Jim Allister is promoting a voluntary coalition of the willing but with power sharing. No one is listening.

Take Your Points

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 08, 2017, 04:24:41 PM
Which party had the most successful election in terms of improving its first preference votes compared to the May 2016?

It was Alliance who increased their vote by 50% in 8 months.

Take Your Points

Is Brokenshire offering another election to help out his mates in the DUP?  Could be worth £5m of our money to him and the DUP?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-39218555

gallsman

Quote from: AhNowRef on March 07, 2017, 02:09:40 PM
What about the dissident position after this? .. surely they will f*ck off the scene now .. I mean, if an AI is what they're interested in surely they can see movement there now .... What the feck do they think their purpose is anyway  :-[ ...

They'll still presumably be sticking around to try and sell more drugs.

armaghniac

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 09, 2017, 01:31:04 PM
Is Brokenshire offering another election to help out his mates in the DUP?  Could be worth £5m of our money to him and the DUP?

what good would it do? The proportions would be roughly the same, the DUP might get a seat or two, but probably at the expense of the UU. This is a good chance that the rest of the population might use their transfers wisely to ensure the DUP did not gain. Even if the DUP reached 30 and so the possibility of using the POC SF can still refuse to elect Arlene. Nationalist and unionist turnout is broadly similar, there are some more unionists to get out, but also more nationalists.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

Quote from: AQMP on March 09, 2017, 01:48:37 PM

Depends if there's enough time for a DUP/UUP pact!  I can't see another election solving much...Prods turn out to regain supremacy, Taigs turn out as they're in with a sniff of being in the driving seat.  As you were?  If there's no agreement after that, is there a 3rd election??

Brokenshire comes across as a little Englander knobend who knows nor cares anything about this place, but its a cabinet post to further his career.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2017, 03:43:59 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 09, 2017, 01:48:37 PM

Depends if there's enough time for a DUP/UUP pact!  I can't see another election solving much...Prods turn out to regain supremacy, Taigs turn out as they're in with a sniff of being in the driving seat.  As you were?  If there's no agreement after that, is there a 3rd election??

Brokenshire comes across as a little Englander knobend who knows nor cares anything about this place, but its a cabinet post to further his career.

Brokenshire was one of Theresa May's favourite junior ministers in the Home Office when she was in charge.  His role as SoS is his reward and he is directed entirely by May's requirements which include a majority vote on any issue.

AhNowRef

The repulsive little Tory/Unionist Puppet is simply trying to scare SF into toeing the line and kowtowing to Big Arnie Fister .... I doubt it will work out the way he thinks it will ... And on we go .. ffs  ::)  ... What a bunch of odious horrible scrotes the Tories & the DUP are ... absolutely disgusting oxygen thief's the lot of them  :-\

AhNowRef

Folks, how do you add an image to a post ?

and please no "hammer a nail into it" answers  ::) lol

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: AhNowRef on March 09, 2017, 05:37:07 PM

The repulsive little Tory/Unionist Puppet is simply trying to scare SF into toeing the line and kowtowing to Big Arnie Fister .... I doubt it will work out the way he thinks it will ... And on we go .. ffs  ::)  ... What a bunch of odious horrible scrotes the Tories & the DUP are ... absolutely disgusting oxygen thief's the lot of them  :-\

Shouldn't be surprised by that lapdog backing snarline. Looks like we are of to the poles again
So be it
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets