Donegal vs. Cavan - Ulster SFC 2022 Semi Final, Sunday 8th May

Started by Dreadnought, April 27, 2022, 10:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Not sure who I want to win this one. If Cavan win I think it makes it more likely that Armagh will have a preliminary qualifier to play. On the otherhand Donegal do have Bonnar in charge. Come on Cavan!

Westside

I just want to know what Bonnar knows that we don't? He's either a genius or a madman.

Graham, unsurprisingly, struck the right tone in his comments on Donegal.

"We are coming up against team who have played their league football in Division One while we have been in Division Four,

We are under no illusions. We might have got the better of Antrim but, no matter how you look at it, Donegal will be a different proposition altogether this time out"

StephenC

Looking forward to this game. Always enjoyed the craic with the Cavan fans; they are a really strong, passionate and traditional football county, and they really love their football.
Saying that, I'll be disappointed if we don't beat Cavan today. We have been operating at a higher level for the last few years and it's critical that we build on the Armagh win. There should be no shortage of motivation within the squad given the lesson that they were taught by Cavan in the Ulster final. We have essentially a full squad to pick from so there are no excuses. Donegal by 4.

Wildweasel74

Need see a replay again of the Cavan chance bearing down on goal, thought it might been a penalty.

CK_Redhand

Kevin McStay didn't want to call it and said he'll leave it to the lads at half time. What's the point of him being on commentary?

David McKeown

Can see why it wasnt given but the same foul out the field has been blown twice so far.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Blowitupref

18 minutes played competitive contest so far Cavan 0-6 Donegal 0-4
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hoof Hearted

How many times does Thomas niblock have to say football
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

yellowcard

Contrast in styles. Cavan playing physical all action football that is energisingbthe crowd. Donegal with the usual slow possession based robotic stuff. Makes for a great game.

yellowcard

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 08, 2022, 04:22:50 PM
How many times does Thomas niblock have to say football

Lang an kicked the ball wide by metres earlier which he described as a lovely kick. He's a good commentator but tries a bit too hard to be ultra positive.

Schkite

Cavan doing well, playing very fast and direct typically which is needed against Donegal.

J70

Everything Cavan are hitting is going over the bar, whereas Donegal with three or four poor misses from central locations.

quit yo jibbajabba

Cavan must have had Bonners words plastered all over the changing room walls. Proud gaa county me arse, we'll show him 😄

Good game, Cavan good to watch

Schkite

J70