Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

and like i said you are some eejit to keep saying they were not out drinking i told you crawl under your little stone there and keep the blinkers on,i cant believe lads this eejit still thinks our players were not acting the fool ,,your are the fool tony to back that set up and i love you keep making a fool of yourself in doing so,you would be some manager  ;)

Andy06

Seriously town, give it a rest. Every post of yours is Tony bashing now! Just make the point and leave it at that.

Don Draper

Quote from: Andy06 on July 19, 2017, 05:04:05 PM
Seriously town, give it a rest. Every post of yours is Tony bashing now! Just make the point and leave it at that.
Ignore the tiresome p***k

ILikeStrawberryJam

Town you drag this forum into the gutter with this ongoing goading of Tony.
Everyone has different opinions ..
Can you not just make your point ONCE and leave it at that like other posters ..

The only thing we can all agree on is that Laois Football is a mess and will take a long time to remedy ..

Tony

So the players were acting the fool, drinking all year Town1980, according to you, but yet you still think we're div 2 standard and Creedon is all to blame. Can't go both sides my friend. Jim Gavin wouldn't get much out of a drinking squad. Really a low point in Laois GAA at present. Very low morale it seems with fans, players and everyone involved.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on July 19, 2017, 06:21:55 PM
Town you drag this forum into the gutter with this ongoing goading of Tony.
Everyone has different opinions ..
Can you not just make your point ONCE and leave it at that like other posters ..

The only thing we can all agree on is that Laois Football is a mess and will take a long time to remedy ..

To be fair, it does appear to be working both ways.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

town1980

BallyroanAbu

The whole thing is at farcical levels with reporting that leaves a lot to be desired.  Why would you say anything at these County Comittee meetings as you are very likely to be taken out of context and lampooned nationally. 

Give it a break Tony, Creedon was possibly the worst manager Laois has ever had,  but due to one of his selectors he may yet stay.

town1980

Players want creedon gone you heard it first lads

Tony

As I've said a few times now, Creedon probably DOES deserve to go after reflecting on the year as a whole (and not just a few league games) but let's not kid ourselves, whoever replaces him wont be taking us to div 2 or 1 and Leinster finals in a hurry. That was my point in fairness, I defended him earlier in the year because of a lot of things outside his control. However, I do agree that on the balance of the whole year, he should probably go. Who to replace him? I would like to see Malachy get the role as my first choice. I heard he doesn't want it though. My preference also would be a Laois man. Focus on underage and development for next 5 years at least.

BallyroanAbu

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 19, 2017, 12:05:40 AM
Could Pete McGrath be the man for the job?
Could be a good one Pablo but you had better ask the money man of laois gaa and see who we can afford.... 8)

Tony

Nah, no need for Pete M - let's go for a local man. He won't cost as much. Besides, the real focus now needs to be with underage and slowly transitioning suitable candidates to senior. Anyone from the current panel not willing to give 100% - that's fair enough, it's tough. But it's best they don't show up next year. Be honest with yourselves and the supporters.

OTF

Quote from: Saint75 on July 19, 2017, 02:27:07 PM
Laois Players drinking. I'd say the county board are delighted with this controversy as it deflects from the real problems in Laois football. Generally over the last 10 years or so the commitment from Laois players has been excellent. They have prepared as well as they could and got a lot out of themselves.

If the county board acted as professionally and shown as much commitment we wouldn't be in the place we are now.

Players are an easy target and generally aren't given the chance to defend themselves.

Exactly it will distract from the real problem .......non development of young players and appointment of wrong managers.
Can see the national headlines already " Laois players drinking "

town1980

i for one am agreeing with TONY i hope thats ok with him,but i think go for a laois man save our money but pick a man who can motivate players supporters alike,let him get rid of the players who actually dont want to be there and lets us as supporters trust him to do that,then at least we will all no who the commited bunch are,malachy,higgins,clancy,conway, there the 4 i would interview and let the best man win and we all support him