Firestarters

Started by Sandino, June 24, 2010, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandino

What the feck is it that makes people start fires in our countryside?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Catch the high ball

There has to be a screw loose up there.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

118cmal

Some people (myself included) have an infatuation with fire.  If I see a box of matches I have to light one of them.  Even if its in a car or whatever I'd have a serious urge to see it lit.  I have no doubt that a lot of these people who start fires in the countryside are  mindless vandals, but others have an illness which makes them need to burn things.  These people should be medically treated, it's a physcological disease. 

The Real Laoislad

I'm the self inflicted, mind detonator - yeah. I'm the one infected, twisted animator.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: 118cmal on June 24, 2010, 02:54:04 PM
Some people (myself included) have an infatuation with fire.  If I see a box of matches I have to light one of them.  Even if its in a car or whatever I'd have a serious urge to see it lit.  I have no doubt that a lot of these people who start fires in the countryside are  mindless vandals, but others have an illness which makes them need to burn things.  These people should be medically treated, it's a physcological disease.

I knew someone once who had such a disease and ended up burning down their house and killing themself. Very sad.

118cmal

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 24, 2010, 03:08:56 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on June 24, 2010, 02:54:04 PM

I knew someone once who had such a disease and ended up burning down their house and killing themself. Very sad.

It's a real problem.  Sadly, it seems a bit of a taboo  :-\

gerry

Mountain beside me (pigeon top) on fire for two days now, having to keep the windows close with the smoke. You would swear it was snowing with the ash in the air at times.  My cousins are helping a neighbour take furniture out of their home as they reckon that a fire in the gortin glens may take their home. With 90% of fire started on purpose it would make you think what goes on in these peoples head.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

That's what happens when you post from your phone.

Sandino

The fire in Gortin Glens seems massive. Today is the second time I have been rerouted due to a fire in the glens. Will it take the loss of a life to stop this stuff.

Orior

Some of them are only wee feckers, primary school age. Those are the ones whose parents (or guardians) should be held to account.

Some think its a victim-less crime. They should be made to pay for the fire brigade.

Some are just sick, and need a bit of a kicking.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on May 01, 2011, 11:02:30 PM
Some of them are only wee feckers, primary school age. Those are the ones whose parents (or guardians) should be held to account.

Some think its a victim-less crime. They should be made to pay for the fire brigade.

Some are just sick, and need a bit of a kicking.
Was a popular pastime in the Glens years ago. Generally around Halloween though.

gerry

My cousins who live opposite the history park at the gortin glens have now being evacuated from their homes tonight due to the dense smoke.

Sandino

Imagine if there was a house fire or a car crash tonight implications could be dreadful

Sandino

Fire brigade attending a fire at sacred heart college in omagh tonight.