How Metrosexual Are You?

Started by screenexile, September 10, 2007, 11:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Had a conversation over the weekend about this whole 'metrosexual' stuff.

Personally I think it's a load of crap that's mainly used for posers and gay men but I know of a few people who have been forced into it by their other halves.

What are the grooming habits of lads on the board like? Do you use moisturiser every day? Do you have separate shampoo and conditioner to achieve the desired look for your hair?

Personally I don't do any of it I'll use whatever shower gel or shampoo is lying about, usually lynx or wash and go (you know the one where the bird washes her hair and then pisses off!) and any moisturising comes from it being tied into whatever gel or cream I'm using for a shave.

What do the rest of you think about it? Ladies are also invited to comment as to what they think of the whole idea.

Will Hunting

Surely there are no metrosexuals about the 'screen?!!

screenexile

Not anymore! They get driven out as soon as they dye their hair as they are immediately assumed to be on drugs. (Nobody's actually been driven out but it has happened around our place that the oul' boys will say that any lad who dyes their hair blonde "must be takin' them e tablets!")

Derry Daisy

Maybe not so many hair dyes but here's been a few straighteners purchased in screen :o :o

screenexile

Here this is supposed to be a general topic about GAAboard posters and not about my parish thank you! Although I will need you to PM me those names so I can get the slagging underway ;)

ziggysego

You were looking very metrosexual in the gaaboard pub Screen.
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

You must have me confused Zig. I had a championship match over the weekend and I've been off the beer for the last few weeks so haven't ventured into the GAAboard Pub yet. I could do with hitting it this weekend though for a few scoops. Is there much talent about it or are there still 10 lads fighting over Rois as usual?

ziggysego

Rois is still getting a hard time, trying to fend off the advances of some of the punters.
Testing Accessibility

Derry Daisy

I wouldn't want to be naming anyone but I'm sure if you have a look the next time there is training (maybe just hurling I'm not sure) but you'll know who it is right away (unless it has changed recently)

parttimeexile

I just use good old fashioned lynx shower gel and then any shampoo thats there. The woman was tryin to get me to use moisturizer but I just had to tell her it wouldnt be happening!Ever! She starting going on about how good it is for your skin and that it will keep you young looking. I said i dont have to worry about that because woman age quicker than men. ;) She hasnt mentioned it since.

ziggysego

If you tell your missus that again, you'll be fulltimeexile!!  :D
Testing Accessibility

parttimeexile

If you dont lay down the law early on it'll get outta hand. Next thing she'll want to be voting! :o

his holiness nb

Moisturiser? Yes
Seperate shampoo and conditioner? Yes (I've a big old mop of hair)

Thats about as far as I'd go, I see they are selling tinted moisturiser for men now, feckin fake tan for a mans face.
Thats just wrong.
Ask me holy bollix

TractorTom

I think aftershave balm is perfectly acceptable.

Balboa

I wish the wee martian Marty Morrissey could take part in this, did youse see the photos of him in Irish News when he was at Irish News All Stars??? He had more make up on than a cheap wh*re. Myself i just use Fcuk deodorant, because i like the smell but as for hair products i cut my hair with a Number 0 and when it starts to stick up at the sides at all it gets cut again, zero maintenance.