The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Boycey

Tremendously disappointing to see any horse coming to grief like that but especially one with potential like that. Racing is a cruel game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on March 15, 2019, 01:52:49 PM
Tremendously disappointing to see any horse coming to grief like that but especially one with potential like that. Racing is a cruel game.

My stomach sank watching that, with the shoe being put on live and the horse was a calm as I've ever seen a horse be at the start, it had the makings of being a great race and a great story had he won!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

A nasty one that. Very sad. Was that a freak incident or does it relate to the previous injury scare?

general

Quote from: Boycey on March 15, 2019, 01:06:51 PM
Anyone want a 150/1 tip  ;D

Gavin Cromwell has a horse in the 2.10 today Brex Drago (topical name) his only other runner of the week won the Champion Hurdle, I spotted it this morning and went into Boylesports to put a few quid on hoping it'd run into a place. I was expecting 50/1 or so but got on at 150/1.

Boycey, you dont know how close I was to running to the bookies for a score each way  ;D ;D ;D Fecking glad i didnt rush myself i tell ya. 12th lol!!!

Tatler Jack

Any tips for the National? Hard to oppose Tiger Roll I suppose.  Might put a few quid e.w. on Lake View Lad.

Milltown Row2

Jury duty and Rock the Kasbah are my e/w picks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aaron Boone

Insane Bolt

Davy Russell....pure class👍👍

Milltown Row2

Won that handy! If prepared well again he'd win that again

Cunny Funt

I had 20 quid on Tiger Roll last year at 10/1, was tempted again but the odds too short. Went for Walk the line instead and won a little on a each way bet.

playwiththewind1st

Tenner on the nose with Tiger Roll last year & thought the same. So covered myself with a fiver each way this year on it, plus a fiver each way on Rathvinden, so couple of quid up.

screenexile

Had Tiger Roll in a few doubles that the other side let me down on hut got a sneaky tenner on him & 5/1 so I'm safe enough.

Serious animal just a class apart his performance at Cheltenham was just superb and then had enough again today winning at top weight. Legendary status now alongside Red Rum!

BennyHarp

Ruby Walsh has announced his retirement.
That was never a square ball!!

Insane Bolt

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 01, 2019, 06:30:52 PM
Ruby Walsh has announced his retirement.

Bookies will miss him.