Who's the value bets from those odds?

trailer

Quote from: LeoMc on September 26, 2018, 11:18:17 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 26, 2018, 09:48:16 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 26, 2018, 09:30:37 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 26, 2018, 09:20:32 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 26, 2018, 08:54:07 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on September 26, 2018, 07:56:24 AM
Anyone else bored of this whole Cavanagh stuff? If it had been any other player on the pitch there wouldn't be a word about it?

Probably not but IF it was deliberate there should be plenty said about it. No player should be knocked out, suffer concussion and a broken nose as a result of someone colliding with their head deliberately with their knees. And the county board certainly shouldn't be covering up the incident if that is the case by releasing statements effectively saying it was accidental if it wasn't. IF it was deliberate incidents like that should be highlighted as there is currently far too much of it going on in the game and is going to have serious consequences if not addressed.

I think this is the crux of it. The county board won't release the video. After the antics of the Friday night before, They are engaged in a cover up. Edendork and the county board have had their say, I suppose Moy just wanted theirs.
If it was a deliberate act you would like to see the appropriate punishment dished out.

I don't really know the ins and outs of the legality of these things but is the onus on the County board to prove that the act is deliberate in order to take action in an incident that has been deemed accidental by the referee? If this the case, then it is a complete mine field. I'm afraid that, galling as it may be for the Moy and Cavanagh, we have to give the player the benefit of the doubt on this as only he knows for sure if it was deliberate or not, as proving it is virtually impossible. If we accept then that there is not absolute proof of guilt then the county board have every right not to release the video and throw the player to the lions in the media who are just waiting for the opportunity to rip him to pieces. There will be no balanced media debate on this if the video makes it into the public domain.

I think when any player suffers those kind of injuries, in which the Moy view a deliberate attack, I think that player should be called out. If the GAA is serious about stamping out these kinds of acts then they should be seen to take action.
So a player should be called out on someones opinion?
Anyone can just accuse anyone else publicly without reprecusions.

If it's a deliberate attack, then yes.

Tyrone Gaa

The ball is firmly back in the County Board's court after they attempted to sweep it under the carpet and be done with it.  I'm glad to see Moy wanting to see this attack recognised/punished.  A decision will have to be made on the appeal before Friday night surely before Edendork play Galbally.  I don't really expect the CB to reverse their decision because they will look foolish if they do and with the threat of legal action by Edendork also to consider.

CCC Have made a shambles of it all, release the video.  A bit of transparency would be nice explaining their findings in high profile cases where the demand is there.

I'm sure on my thoughts, it was an assault on Cavanagh!!
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 26, 2018, 11:49:20 AM
The ball is firmly back in the County Board's court after they attempted to sweep it under the carpet and be done with it.  I'm glad to see Moy wanting to see this attack recognised/punished.  A decision will have to be made on the appeal before Friday night surely before Edendork play Galbally.  I don't really expect the CB to reverse their decision because they will look foolish if they do and with the threat of legal action by Edendork also to consider.

CCC Have made a shambles of it all, release the video.  A bit of transparency would be nice explaining their findings in high profile cases where the demand is there.

Your entitled to your opinion. If you were at the game. You wouldn't need a video if so, I believe.

If you weren't at this game and you are posting this, you have absolutely no right to add fuel to this - catch yourself on.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 26, 2018, 11:53:15 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 26, 2018, 11:49:20 AM

Your entitled to your opinion. If you were at the game. You wouldn't need a video if so, I believe.

If you weren't at this game and you are posting this, you have absolutely no right to add fuel to this - catch yourself on.

I was at the game, I've a championship season ticket.  I honestly believe Cavanagh was assaulted that day, thats not seeking to add fuel.    Moy's description of the red card rule is hard to argue with as well whether the CCC deem it intentional or not.
Living the dream!!!

RedHand88

Quote from: Oghams Law on September 26, 2018, 11:26:28 AM
Quote from: Dee2018 on September 26, 2018, 11:14:25 AM
Paddypowers odds for this weekends championship fixtures

Edendork 4/7 draw 7/1 Galbally 7/4

Trillick 4/6 draw 15/2 Ardboe 11/8

Omagh 4/5 draw 13/2 Killyclogher 11/8

Errigal 4/11 draw 15/2 Coalisland 11/4

Coalisland.

redhandefender

Some amount of rubbish talked here. It is nearly impossible to say whether there was intent without a stop in play and a strike. I didn't see it but the difference in opinions from neutrals show that it was not clear cut.

Both statement were ridiculous. are they gonna start releasing these every time a player is blamed in what they see as the wrong or every time a player is hurt in a challenge they see as deliberate!

It is was deliberate then they should throw the book at them but if its not clear cut then what can you do? Some morons on this

Under Lights

Quote from: redhandefender on September 26, 2018, 01:00:40 PM
Some amount of rubbish talked here. It is nearly impossible to say whether there was intent without a stop in play and a strike. I didn't see it but the difference in opinions from neutrals show that it was not clear cut.

Both statement were ridiculous. are they gonna start releasing these every time a player is blamed in what they see as the wrong or every time a player is hurt in a challenge they see as deliberate!

It is was deliberate then they should throw the book at them but if its not clear cut then what can you do? Some morons on this

What about Strabane and Stewartstown? Book needs thrown at them imo.

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on September 26, 2018, 01:06:36 PM

What about Strabane and Stewartstown? Book needs thrown at them imo.

we are down several men for saturday due to suspensions arising out of the strabane game. what more do you want?

Under Lights

Who all suspended? Hadn't heard that anything had been done.
Lucky to still be in the competition imo.

Helpline

Predictions;

Omagh
Trillick
Galbally
Errigal Ciaran

Omagh v Errigal final again unless they meet in the semi with Errigal gaining revenge for last years defeat.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

The Golden Years

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on September 26, 2018, 01:18:19 PM
Who all suspended? Hadn't heard that anything had been done.
Lucky to still be in the competition imo.

we'll be doing extremely well to still be in the competition come saturday afternoon so i'm sure you will get your wish then anyway.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 26, 2018, 01:24:12 PM

Killyclogher 11/8 some value. Omagh were dreadful against Aghyaran and are down Turlough Gallagher as well for this weekend.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Delegater on September 26, 2018, 01:44:16 PM

Reading between the lines but if the footage wasn't absolutely damning then it would have been released. On all the teams I have been involved in we were given a dvd of the champo game in the few days after.

Is it being covered up due to an injunction? If not, safer just releasing it and proving the offenders innocence or guilt.

Seriously? They way things are reported in the press and discussed on social media these days, especially with regards to Tyrone related issues, do you think releasing the video will result in anything other than a completely over hyped witch hunt? I'd say you'd need to be pretty certain of the guys intent before unleashing that on him.
That was never a square ball!!