6 (13.3%)
Cribby
4 (8.9%)
Other
7 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

BennyCake

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 28, 2019, 08:59:47 PM
Kerbsie in Portadown. We also played a version of football using lampposts as goals called polesy.

That reminds me. We used to play 'cratesy', mainly in the winter when the grass was in gutters. Borrow a couple of milk crates and play on the road. You had to hit the crate for a goal, rather than using them as goalposts.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on March 28, 2019, 08:38:43 PM
it's a curb afaik

Bite the curb Scene from American History springs to mind. I think we call it kerb here.

armaghniac

Kerbsie in Portadown. We also played a version of football using lampposts as goals called polesy.

what colour were your kerbsies?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BennyCake on March 28, 2019, 09:07:50 PM

That reminds me. We used to play 'cratesy', mainly in the winter when the grass was in gutters. Borrow a couple of milk crates and play on the road. You had to hit the crate for a goal, rather than using them as goalposts.

Kerbsies. We played gates as well. No goalies and the gates were the goals. Used to drive the auld ones wild with the ball battering off their garden gates!!!

bennydorano

Cribben where I grew up! Guessing someone misheard something somewhere along the way and it stuck by the looks of it!

tyrone girl

trailer

In the country we just played football. Probably explains why we always humped the townies. They were too busy throwing the ball against a kerb.

lurganblue

Kerbsy. Never heard of cribby until this week. In Belfast when the local lads painted the edge of the footpaths with their choice of colours... what do they call them? Cribs or kerbs?

Anyway, we had loads of different rules. Catching the rebound before it hit the ground = Double points. Throwing it behind you and over your shoulder - 50 points. Every 20 you get to go to the middle of the road. If you miss while in the middle of the road your opponent gets the chance to hit you before you get back to the safety of your own side. If hit you return to zero. Great craic. Probably a lost game now.

I remember the old fella's used to play quoits in the summer evenings. Another game that has gone now.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: armaghniac on March 28, 2019, 10:47:37 PM

what colour were your kerbsies?

Kerb coloured! We couldn't afford paint on the Garvaghy Road.

GetOverTheBar

Generally Kerbsy in Tyrone.

Of course we don't accept any other version. Maybe have a bit of a twist over use of a K or C.

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Sheugh Water

In Derry City its called kerbsy or padsy. Never heard cribby until this week

Eamonnca1

Quote from: lurganblue on March 29, 2019, 09:40:14 AM
Kerbsy. Never heard of cribby until this week. In Belfast when the local lads painted the edge of the footpaths with their choice of colours... what do they call them? Cribs or kerbs?

Anyway, we had loads of different rules. Catching the rebound before it hit the ground = Double points. Throwing it behind you and over your shoulder - 50 points. Every 20 you get to go to the middle of the road. If you miss while in the middle of the road your opponent gets the chance to hit you before you get back to the safety of your own side. If hit you return to zero. Great craic. Probably a lost game now.

I remember the old fella's used to play quoits in the summer evenings. Another game that has gone now.

Ever see the big sign at the side of the road saying "Tannaghmore Tossers Quiots Club" near the Mile House?

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on March 28, 2019, 08:23:49 PM
Cribby isn't just the name of the game. It's also the name for the kerb stone. For example, you might fall and hit your head off the cribby.

Is that the same for kerbsie etc or is that just the name of the ball game?

Yous fcukers put sy or sie at end of every buckin thing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.