Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Snatch is a good aul show alright, the pikeys are some laugh, and their accents!

"I could murder a cuppa!"
"There'll be no murderin done around here I don't mind tellin ya!"

gallsman

Thought Transformers was awful other than the (admittedly plentiful) action sequences. There is simply no excuse for having so many bad one liners in the same movie!

"We've shed blood, sweat and precious metal together."

People really need to stop employing Tyrese Gibson.

SidelineKick

The Deer Hunter was on last night, didn't watch it but seen it before, I didn't enjoy it that much for a so-called classic.

Also, just to throw it out there on a Friday morning, I've never seen Braveheart  :-X
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 26, 2009, 08:37:59 AM
The Deer Hunter was on last night, didn't watch it but seen it before, I didn't enjoy it that much for a so-called classic.

Also, just to throw it out there on a Friday morning, I've never seen Braveheart  :-X

U R A COMPLETE RETARD!!!
>:(
"Swing er over!"

full back

Have never seen Deer Hunter either SK, fools seldom differ

But not seeing Braveheart, you utter mong ;)
Get down to Extravision asap (I have it on VHS if you want)

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM! "

Archie Mitchell

Disappointed in you SideLineKick.

What so called big films have others not seen?

Mine would be The Godfather (all 3 of them!)

Mr. Nakata

Watched both Braveheart and Gladiator on the box, not the cinema. Loved Gladiator, hated Braveheart. Another film everyone seems to love that I thought was utter tripe was Lock, Stock. The best film I've seen recently was There will be blood (even though it's been out about 2 years), that Day Lewis one about the oil man. Absolutely brilliant performances by himself and the guy who plays the psychotic religious preacher.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on June 26, 2009, 11:44:59 AM
Watched both Braveheart and Gladiator on the box, not the cinema. Loved Gladiator, hated Braveheart. Another film everyone seems to love that I thought was utter tripe was Lock, Stock. The best film I've seen recently was There will be blood (even though it's been out about 2 years), that Day Lewis one about the oil man. Absolutely brilliant performances by himself and the guy who plays the psychotic religious preacher.
couldnt disagree more!!
love Lock,stock and thought there will be blood was way over rated!!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Galwaybhoy

Saw Transformers in the cinema last night.  There was way to much comedy in it.  Poor enough film, nothing much of the good to say about it.

Bogball XV

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 25, 2009, 12:31:26 AM
Watched Gran Torino tonight. Is hard going by times but is okay. A bit more thought provoking than his usual vigilante type efforts when he blows everyone away. Aye would recommend it. 
my best movie of the year so far by a distance

full back

Just got 'The Last House On The Left'
Anyone seen it yet?

ziggysego

If you weren't banned already, I'd have been calling for it this afternoon!!!!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

longball

Kick a man when hes down sure Ziggy.

SLK will have plenty of time to watch films now.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: full back on June 26, 2009, 03:05:17 PM
Just got 'The Last House On The Left'
Anyone seen it yet?

Saw it in cinema last week

Its decent enough, pretty horrific in parts, lots of violence, gore and rape...

The Corporal

Watched The Hangover last night and found it to be a fantastic film. There is laughs from start to finish with it and thought it was really enjoyable. The end credits were really funny