Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Body of lies - Leo deCaprio and Russell Crowe -

CIA infiltration of the middle east to capture an Al Kieeeda (sp) fella.

Good movie.

pintsofguinness

I've Dead man's shoes on for half a hour now and it's going off - what the f**k is this shite?

Watched Semi Pro last night, silly but worth the watch.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

nrico2006

QuoteThought Heat was bit long meself. Michael Mann films usually good - Loved Manhunter (remade as red Dragon recently but nowhere near as good - Ed Norton looked as if he couldn'y be arsed. )

Watchin Hannibal now- poor enough.

I love M Mann movies, Heat was excellent as was Ali.  Manhunter was brilliant but so was Red Dragon - Hannibal was crap, and Hannibal rising wasn't much better.

Quantum of Solace was a decent show, but it seems like a film that is merely setting up the next one.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 02, 2008, 07:04:42 PM
QuoteThought Heat was bit long meself. Michael Mann films usually good - Loved Manhunter (remade as red Dragon recently but nowhere near as good - Ed Norton looked as if he couldn'y be arsed. )

Watchin Hannibal now- poor enough.

I love M Mann movies, Heat was excellent as was Ali.  Manhunter was brilliant but so was Red Dragon - Hannibal was crap, and Hannibal rising wasn't much better.

Quantum of Solace was a decent show, but it seems like a film that is merely setting up the nest one.
Is that the one where Jack Nicholson is in an insane asylum? I think that one has been made already nrico.

Stalin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 02, 2008, 12:43:51 PM
I've Dead man's shoes on for half a hour now and it's going off - what the f**k is this shite?

Watched Semi Pro last night, silly but worth the watch.

Dead Man's Shoes is a great film, i suggest you leave it on a bit longer.

Watched 'Gone Baby Gone' yesterday, its a bit meh. Same goes for 'Pineapple Express.' Such a let down after 'Knocked Up'  :-[ :'(

Going to watch 'Hunger' now shortly.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

J70

Saw "W" last week. I enjoyed it, but it was fairly low-key as Oliver Stone movies go. He gave Bush a fairly sympathetic treatment, with the recurring thread throughout the film Bush Sr.'s disappointment in him. Josh Brolin was pretty good and appears to be shaping into one of the stars of the moment. Richard Dreyfuss was hilarious as Cheney and James Cromwell pretty good as Bush Sr. The one who played Laura Bush is cute (she's in the new Seth Rogen film directed by Kevin Smith). Definitely worth a look, although vehemently anti- or pro-Bush people will probably find a lot to dislike, for differing reasons. A woman who appears in it as an Ann Coulter-type character commenting on the "Mission Accomplished" stuff was a real-life newsreader (quite cute) who was bludgeoned to death in Arkansas last week.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 02, 2008, 12:43:51 PM

It's a great film!! – Great twist & the best line in a film in a long time...

"What you looking at?" – "YOU YE C*NT!!!!" Ha ha Class!  :D

Seen Saw V at the week end. If you like the others you will like it... "You'll never guess how it ends!"  ;D

Canalman

2 new DVD  releases to give a miss imo are

The Happening
The new DVD with Keanu Reeves in LA as a "rogue" cop.Can't remember its name I'm afraid.

Saw them both at the weekend and while they are both watchable, they aren't great.

SidelineKick

Maybe not a relevant post but with all you film / tv critics in here, does anybody know where I can get the Sopranos complete box set without having to pay an absolute fortune??
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 03, 2008, 10:56:53 AM
Maybe not a relevant post but with all you film / tv critics in here, does anybody know where I can get the Sopranos complete box set without having to pay an absolute fortune??
I think someone on here ordered it from China or somewhere but dunno how that arrangement worked out. Anyone?

ziggysego

The Sopranos: The Deluxe Boxset (30 Discs) No P&P.

You could try eBay and get it cheaper, but I've been stuck by DVDs from there in the past. Scratches and what-not.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 03, 2008, 10:56:53 AM

I think Sendit.com have it for about 80 sheets.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SidelineKick

Good stuff!  About £90 for the deluxe due to be released 24/11.  I think i'd be happy to pay that. Well worth the money  ;D

Reported.

nrico2006

QuoteI think Sendit.com have it for about 80 sheets.

Is that as cheap as I am likely to get Sopranos for?

The West Wing is only £50 at the minute - never watched it so not sure what its like.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SidelineKick

Its about £90 but still well worth it and unfortunately as cheap as you're likely to get it.  Until after xmas that is  >:( price will prob come down a bit, but like a big child i want it now!!!

Reported.