Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Is it wrong that I laughed out loud when watching "Dont mess with the Zohan"?
Its Grim up North

Goats Do Shave

tbrick18

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 23, 2008, 10:47:30 PM
Has no one seen Wall-E yet?

I went to see it with my wee girl, was disappointed to be honest. It took too long for anything much to happen that would keep the attention of a child.

tbrick18

Quote from: buglebhoy on July 24, 2008, 11:29:51 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 09, 2008, 01:35:08 PM
Saw Gone Baby Gone at the weekend, very good, has something for everyone...

brilliant film

Very good film even if it was predictable.

tbrick18

Quote from: corn02 on September 25, 2008, 01:01:37 PM
There will be blood one of the biggest dissapointments ever. Watched No Country for Old Men again last night - excellent.

Agree on No Country for Old Men.....fantastic film.
Saw In Bruges for the first time at the weekend....best film I've seen in years. Hilarious. Put me in the mood to watch Intermission again too, not as good as In Bruges but still very funny.

Another recent film that I thought very good....30 Days of Night.

Also, one of my all-time favourite films was on last weekend (TV3 I think), Legends of the Fall, love it.

Goats Do Shave

In Brugges is class - seen it 2 weeks ago... I love the bit when the 2 older fellas are having a beer outside the cafe, on the square.

Super dialogue!

The Iceman

Quote from: The Corporal on September 25, 2008, 01:24:16 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 25, 2008, 01:19:33 PM
The Lost Boys the Tribe has to be the worst film I've seen in 10 years

stay away

What was the previous worst Iceman?

stop or my mom will shoot

but this one beats it

its one of those films you watch and you think it can't stay this bad for the whole hour and a half and you wait and wait and its over and every single minute was shit and you hate yourself for wasting the time and the money!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Corporal

Iceman have you ever seen a film called Snakes on a Train?? Its a straight to dvd film that is soo bad that i turned it off after 3mins! Possibly the worst film that has ever been made

The Iceman

seen the previews and avoided it! I dont seem to watch films as much as in the 80's 90's
i think back then i seen everything going and would consider myself an 80's and 90's film buff
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

I saw the biggest load of shite on TV last night - it was one of them Leprechaun horror films

tbrick18

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 25, 2008, 07:34:08 PM
I saw the biggest load of shite on TV last night - it was one of them Leprechaun horror films

:D
they are bad bad films. In the same genre....the chucky films (or childs play to give it it's proper name) are a waste of time.
Anything with stephen segeal is also pants.

delboy

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 26, 2008, 01:53:25 PM
Anything with stephen segeal is also pants.

Take that back, segal movies are so bad that they're actually 'good'

full back

Segal films are sh1te & only slightly worse than the Van Damme films were he tries to 'act' instead of concentrating on fighting

As bad films go, Aeon Flux was one of the worst ever & I mean the worst
Doubt if many people even seen the film

corn02

Quote from: An Fear Rua on September 25, 2008, 01:41:59 PM
Is it wrong that I laughed out loud when watching "Dont mess with the Zohan"?

Very,very wrong. One of only two films I have ever left early on in the cinema. A Good Year being the other.

The GAA

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 25, 2008, 07:34:08 PM

You were watching a rerun of last sunday's all ireland final