Joseph's
Killeshin
Emo
O'Dempseys
Draw between Port and B Abbey.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

Exciting start to senior championship by all accounts. Good win for Kilcruise.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SCFC

Quote from: redsetanta on July 25, 2018, 10:10:52 PM
Exciting start to senior championship by all accounts. Good win for Kilcruise.
Absolutely cracking game. No sweepers. Just loads of good attacking football. OK, the quality dipped at times but very enjoyable on the whole.
Begley was brilliant. So were Ross and Davy Conway. Meaney battled hard throughout. Colm Kelly kicked some good scores but both teams look shaky at the back.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

So far standouts have been munnelly david conway meaney
Begley colm kelly
Evan o carroll and gary walsh

All county or ex county
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

Ye the usual suspects have been the stand outs so far. Kilcruise will be delighted with their victory especially after being on the brink of relegation last year. Hasn't been much between the 4 teams so far.

BallyroanAbbey

thought o carroll was solid if unspectacular last night, felt ciaran farrell had a good game for ballylinan

steven seagal

Looking at him last night, I think O'Carroll will have to be moved into either full-forward or centre-forward, he only really seemed to bother when he got the ball in hand and could run forward. They may as well keep him close to goal because he doesn't have the work rate for midfield. If I was a Crettyard man I'd have been disappointed with him last night tbh.

If the Ballinakill lads had played a bit more football this year, Crettyard could have won that game. Cha missed 1-2 or 1-3 there in the second half, Sean Downey looked rusty as well. Maher was quiet for them too whereas he normally directs the play for them. If they re-jig the team, they should be grand.

FiveStars

Laoiseabu

Don't think anyone will stop them in Laois but I do see a few defensive frailties in the side which may catch up with them come Leinster club championship.

FiveStars

Everyone expecting them to tank ballyfin but in fairness to Ballyfin they showed some good spells at times. Great to see Healy back from injury. Thought it was a good game been honest and glad it wasn't the 50 point beating which everyone was expecting.

Tony

Some match between kilcruise and stradbally. Munnelly really turning back the clock - he minds himself so well that he could pass for 30 and there's a bit more in the legs for him. Colm Kelly looked sharp. Two good sides and a cracking game, if a little technically naive in terms of tactics but that's the fun of club. Great to see Chris conway kicking well with Davy. Also good news about healy for portlaoise. He's back just in time to get a club season ahead of his return to Laois Footballers 2019 (hopefully)

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Sundays Results
Clonaslee Gaels  1-9
Killeshin             2-8

Emo                 1-12
Arles Killeen      1-12

O'Dempsey's     0-13
Graiguecullen    2-11

Portarlington     1-11
Ballyroan          0-12

--------------------------

Round 2: Winners Section
St Joseph's v Portarlington
Ballylinan v Killeshin
Arles-Kilcruise v Winners of Emo/Arles-Killeen
Portlaoise v Graiguecullen

Round 2: Qualifiers Section
The Heath v Ballyroan-Abbey
Crettyard Gaels v Ballyfin Gaels
Losers of Emo/Arles-Killeen v O'Dempsey's
Stradbally v Clonaslee Gaels
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Stradbally v Clonaslee Gaels will be a bloodbath.

Be good to see the back of a few of these Gaels sides