Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

I may have posted this before but these are the Boxing Day results from 1963, some days entertainment 66 goals in 10 games...

ONeill

And Ipswich had won the league a couple of years before.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Boycey

Quote from: ONeill on December 26, 2017, 11:19:33 AM
And Ipswich had won the league a couple of years before.

I know the reverse fixtures were played 2 days later with a lot of the results being reversed, Ipswich beating Fulham 4-2 and United beating Burnley 5-1 among them..

Aaron Boone

Liverpool won the League that year.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

Quote from: laoislad on December 26, 2017, 12:41:43 PM
What's Boxing Day.
It's a public holiday in England, when traditionally all English professional football teams play matches.

I'm wondering if you describe Thanksgiving NFL matches as being played on the 4th Thursday in November?

Boycey

Good start, only 60 more goals needed...

laoislad

Quote from: thewobbler on December 26, 2017, 12:48:33 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 26, 2017, 12:41:43 PM
What's Boxing Day.
It's a public holiday in England, when traditionally all English professional football teams play matches.

I'm wondering if you describe Thanksgiving NFL matches as being played on the 4th Thursday in November?
I've as much interest in thanksgiving NFL matches (whatever the fcuk they are)as anything you have got to say.
In case you're wondering that means I have no interest in either.

Captain Obvious

5 goals from 7 shots on target is impressive stuff, helps when you have a striker like Harry Kane and without him Tottenham would be mid table.

BennyCake

Hattrick for Kane. He now has a pointless scoring record. But at least it's no longer Baldy Shearer's pointless scoring record.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 26, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
5 goals from 7 shots on target is impressive stuff, helps when you have a striker like Harry Kane and without him Tottenham would be mid table.

Son has filled in well when Kane has been out. Kane is good but it feels like Spurs' system is tailor-made to make the lone striker the focal point of everything. The same glowing terms were talked about Bale but if anything Spurs ended up a better side after he left.

AZOffaly

I heard Thierry Henry talking about what Kane needed to improve to pass out Messi :) :) :)

laoislad

Predictable result between Man United and Burnley today when you consider they are both working off similar transfer budgets
Well according to Man United fans anyway...

SHEEDY

Any recorded records of goalscoring or league titles musnt count before 1992, its almost as if sky invented football and anything that happened before the premier league started is wiped from history.
nil satis nisi optimum

AZOffaly

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 26, 2017, 09:11:15 PM
Any recorded records of goalscoring or league titles musnt count before 1992, its almost as if sky invented football and anything that happened before the premier league started is wiped from history.

Dixie Dean?