Buff Egan - Hurling Banter Facebook

Started by JimStynes, July 04, 2017, 08:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

He's a bit of a laugh.

Some unfair comments here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Anything or anybody that gets young people talking about hurling has to be good.

And that's a fact of life!

seafoid

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 26, 2017, 01:29:58 PM
Anything or anybody that gets young people talking about hurling has to be good.

And teenagers love buzzwords
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

No doubt. He comes across well in that interview. I'd still say he's not the full shilling but he's doing more to market hurling than the GAA is, that's for sure :)

seafoid

Franko

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 26, 2017, 01:36:55 PM

No doubt. He comes across well in that interview. I'd still say he's not the full shilling but he's doing more to market hurling than the GAA is, that's for sure :)

+1

It's sad but 100% true.  He's actually interested in hurling outside the top 8 counties.

general_lee

He's a good laugh. Looking forward to more recipes lol

didlyi

He really love hes hurling. Great to see some of these characters in the GAA.

maigheo

Great character and comments saying he is a simpleton and not the full shilling are very unfair

laoislad

Quote from: maigheo on July 27, 2017, 02:53:35 AM
Great character and comments saying he is a simpleton and not the full shilling are very unfair
Had never heard of him before this thread but I fully agree with your comment there.
For all we know he could be a member here seeing as he is so mad into his hurling and social media.
Very ignorant of people to say he isn't the full shilling.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

True. I might be a million miles off base. I just see a 20 something year old adult (He says he was very young in 1995) posting like he does and think we're in box of frogs territory. But I'm obviously a completely different generation, and the young lads seem to love him, so fair play.

He spoke very well on that interview at times.

seafoid

I think he is really sharp. He has built up a career doing something he loves, that he is very good at. I read somewhere that if you want to set up a business you need to offer something that nobody else is offering.

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2017, 11:20:07 AM
I think he is really sharp. He has built up a career doing something he loves, that he is very good at. I read somewhere that if you want to set up a business you need to offer something that nobody else is offering.

A career? He said he had to get a girl from Laois to pay for him to go into a match and buy him food. Or was that because he left his wallet at home? I'm not sure this is monitised as of yet, maybe that's a reason for it's popularity too. As he said himself, if he gets sponsorship from some big company, then he'd be beholden to them for approval of his content.

He's not an idiot.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 27, 2017, 11:22:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2017, 11:20:07 AM

A career? He said he had to get a girl from Laois to pay for him to go into a match and buy him food. Or was that because he left his wallet at home? I'm not sure this is monitised as of yet, maybe that's a reason for it's popularity too. As he said himself, if he gets sponsorship from some big company, then he'd be beholden to them for approval of his content.

He's not an idiot.
I bet he will make a career out of it.
He'll do stuff in the papers or TV. He has built up something special.