Time for U2 to shuffle off before the corpse smells?

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 10, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

T Fearon

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on November 19, 2015, 07:09:54 AM
Finished up around 10.45pm.

A bit of pontificating, a few songs, a cup of horlicks and in bed by 11.00pm, rock'n'roll lifestyle.

BennyCake

Quote from: johnneycool on November 19, 2015, 08:52:17 AM

A bit of pontificating, a few songs, a cup of horlicks and in bed by 11.00pm, rock'n'roll lifestyle.

And Bonzo saving the world during the guitar solos.

johnneycool

Quote from: BennyCake on November 19, 2015, 10:37:53 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 19, 2015, 08:52:17 AM

And Bonzo saving the world during the guitar solos.

Nah,
    We're only saving France at the moment, the rest of the world can wait.

T Fearon

Ah it was a great gig al the same.We like being patronised after all.

StGallsGAA

Amazing show.  Such is the tightness of the Edge's custom made beanie now that it's beginning to look more like a tattoo than a hat!

Bingo

Absolute brilliant show last night in Dublin.

Great atmosphere and energy. Band on top form and thought Bonos voice much stronger than the Berlin show I seen. Was hoping that they'd finish with Bad and they did with One then added on as well.

I really like the new songs but felt a lot of crowd didn't know them.

Great for people watching with Dave Fanning sat behind me with the family and Enda Kenny sat 3 rows in front.

I'll watch the Toy show later LL  :)

gallsman

Quote from: Bingo on November 28, 2015, 10:18:39 AM

Great atmosphere and energy. Band on top form and thought Bonos voice much stronger than the Berlin show I seen. Was hoping that they'd finish with Bad and they did with One then added on as well.

Great for people watching with Dave Fanning sat behind me with the family and Enda Kenny sat 3 rows in front.

Sat?! Old fogie!

Bingo

Quote from: gallsman on November 28, 2015, 11:02:37 AM

Sat?! Old fogie!
You should note that I said they sat. I was bopping with the best of the young ones  ;D

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on November 28, 2015, 11:47:11 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 28, 2015, 11:02:37 AM

Sat?! Old fogie!
You should note that I said they sat. I was bopping with the best of the young ones  ;D
CCTV of Bingo last night...beard coming on well I may add!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogrD7ulSqyg

Main Street

I'm a pre- begrudger. I have never been a fan of U2 since years before they became famous, I suppose it had something to do with them being a particularly irritating  part of the toxic bohemian sub culture that emerged from ideological vagrants in Dublin  around the time of the hunger strikes.

However I don't see much validity in the argument about them not producing anything that can compare with their pre 2000 output, not many musicians/bands do. Afaic if a bands manage one classic then that's a huge success.
It's about live performances and U2 have plenty of top quality material + Bonos's ego, are still the band to fill the space created by  their juggernaut sized staging.

ONeill

Adam Clayton scored for Middlesbrough in the 9th minute today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.