Time for U2 to shuffle off before the corpse smells?

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 10, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

So the Torygraph is wrong or right or what actually happened?

It seems the writer of that is keen to have a cut at Bono and U2 so you'd have to question his accuracy.

lurganblue

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 15, 2017, 04:10:00 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 13, 2017, 01:01:38 PM
Read that he dedicated "Pride- In the name of Love" to the British Army but of course also had Sunday Bloody Sunday on the set list.

Complete welt.

Have you a source for that?

No source of note. Think i read it as a comment on facebook from someone who said they were at it the gig. Not very reliable.

magpie seanie

Thanks for replying. I'd be very disappointed if it were true. I'd just like to establish the facts.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Shamrock Shore

HA! A man who has a serious issue with the band.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2017/1212/926887-the-rattler-vs-u2-how-long-must-they-sing-this-song/

Worth a read - even just for the LOLs.

But if you think the sun still shines out of Bono's hole, you will agree using the Parnell monument is almost as bad as hacking iPhones.

thebigfella

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 14, 2017, 01:22:21 PM
HA! A man who has a serious issue with the band.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2017/1212/926887-the-rattler-vs-u2-how-long-must-they-sing-this-song/

Worth a read - even just for the LOLs.

But if you think the sun still shines out of Bono's hole, you will agree using the Parnell monument is almost as bad as hacking iPhones.

No one was hacked.

BennyCake

Just when you thought Bono couldn't possibly be any more of a bellend...

red hander

Bongo never lets us down. Up his own arsehole for 40 years and counting

magpie seanie

To be fair the author of that piece has some serious issues....not least with syntax. I mean, what exactly does this mean:

QuoteOver the last decade, U2's tax affairs have become the headline, the hook and the first paragraph. The band and Team U2 will claim that this is just a stick to beat the band with, but it's only so because the band provided the wood to whittle in the first place. I am sure many acts I admire and respect have similarly murky accountancy practices, but they're not going around holier-than-thou calling for debt relief and the like. Surely Bono remembers some of his bible lessons from that room over Ron's newsagent in Fairview?

It just makes no sense. It's as if he's, maybe, looking for a stick to beat them with? Unless he can elaborate on the tax planning taught above Ron's newsagent in Fairview at bible lessons???? What has debt relief got to do with where an international organisation decides to pay its taxes??? Makes no sense.

I haven't heard the album yet but this review seems to go against the tide of opinion on it. each to their own I suppose.....just seems this guy has an axe to grind. At the very least he needs writing lessons (maybe the room over Ron's newsagents is free??) if he's going to continue in his career.

Shamrock Shore

Qd for the craic for tickets to see if I could get them (even though I would prob give as presents to someone deserving). €200 + fees for the one ticket I was offered. In Row Mayo. For Mon night in Point.

Now they can go f**k the f**k off.

magpie seanie

I didn't even try. won't be as good as Croker last year anyway.

I bet they sold all the tickets though.

lurganblue

BennyCake

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 02, 2018, 09:15:32 AM
Qd for the craic for tickets to see if I could get them (even though I would prob give as presents to someone deserving). €200 + fees for the one ticket I was offered. In Row Mayo. For Mon night in Point.

€200 for one ticket???

What's Row Mayo?

Therealdonald

Quote from: BennyCake on February 02, 2018, 03:59:06 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 02, 2018, 09:15:32 AM

€200 for one ticket???

What's Row Mayo?

Just wide of the Hill goal post closest to the scoreboard. Normally were you'll find Mayo shots in the last 10 mins of an AIF.