Sky TV

Started by Celt_Man, September 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Any way of getting ESPN America on this?
Don't Panic

Minder

Quote from: passedit on September 08, 2011, 09:19:52 PM

You, or the persons subscription you are using, has to have it on their home package.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

passedit

Quote from: Minder on September 08, 2011, 09:20:54 PM

You, or the persons subscription you are using, has to have it on their home package.

I have but can't find the fcuker. funny enough I don't get ESPN Classic on the tv but do on Sky go?
Don't Panic

laoislad

Watching Juve v Notts County here on ESPN on the SkyGo.
Excellent quality picture.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: NP 76 on September 08, 2011, 09:13:24 PM
Only have sky a year and got a call today offering me an insurance for 8 - 25 a month . It covers call out fees if you have to get anyone out on a call out or if you have to get a new sky plus box . Was just wondering was it worth taking out or does anyone else have this

Don't bother your arse, if you have a problem the customer has plenty of leverage with them, i.e. i am leaving !

Minder

Quote from: passedit on September 08, 2011, 09:22:08 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 08, 2011, 09:20:54 PM

I have but can't find the fcuker. funny enough I don't get ESPN Classic on the tv but do on Sky go?

It just seems to be ESPN & ESPN Classic on it.

heffo

Quote from: Minder on September 08, 2011, 09:23:27 PM
Quote from: NP 76 on September 08, 2011, 09:13:24 PM
Only have sky a year and got a call today offering me an insurance for 8 - 25 a month . It covers call out fees if you have to get anyone out on a call out or if you have to get a new sky plus box . Was just wondering was it worth taking out or does anyone else have this

Don't bother your arse, if you have a problem the customer has plenty of leverage with them, i.e. i am leaving !

Exactly. If you ever have any kind of problem ring and ask them to put you through to cancellations. They'll fix any problem then.

laoislad

Anyone else having problems with Sky Go tonight?
I'm watching the Newcastle QPR game and every few minutes the stream keeps re buffering.
My broadband is something like 25MB so surely that is good enough to keep the stream going?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerry

its OK with me, i was watching eurosport last week on it and it kept buffering away
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

5 Sams

Quote from: laoislad on September 12, 2011, 08:47:46 PM
I'm watching the Newcastle QPR game and every few minutes the stream keeps re buffering.
My broadband is something like 25MB so surely that is good enough to keep the stream going?

Sky HD totally froze earlier for some reason....mite be wind related???
The Aristocrat Years

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 12, 2011, 09:26:05 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 12, 2011, 08:47:46 PM

Sky HD totally froze earlier for some reason....mite be wind related???

Must have been that curry you had
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

BenDover

Free Sky Sports weekend
For Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk and Small World customers

What: Free Sky Sports weekend   Get by: 24 - 25th Sept 2011
How: From 6am Sat 25 Sept - 6am Mon 26 Sept, simply tune in to Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 or Sky Sports News (HD or normal) and watch away.

What do I get? Free sports to watch all weekend, including programmes such as:

Football -   Man City v Everton, Sky Sports 2, Sat 12:30pm
   Cardiff v Leicester, Sky Sports 1, Sun 1:30pm
QPR v Aston Villa, Sky Sports 1, Sun 3:30pm

Rugby -   Lions v Blue Bulls, Sky Sports 2, Sat 2pm
   Cornish Pirates v Leeds, Sky Sports 2, Sat 4pm
Exeter v Wasps, Sky Sports 3, Sun 2:30pm

Cricket -   England v West Indies, Sky Sports 1, Sat 6pm

Golf -   US PGA Tour, Sky Sports 2, Sun 5pm
For full listings, see the Sky Sports TV guide.
The detail: Available to Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk TV and Small World customers only.

nrico2006

Anyone know if there is channels that are free temporarily in order to tempt you into subscribing for them.  I am currently getting all the Discovery/Georgraphic channels etc as well as the cartoon channels but never had them before and never signed up for them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nifan

nrico - happens all the time. Sky sport free in the uk this weekend apparently

nrico2006

Aye, but was looking up about it earlier and it seems that Sky have simply restructured their packs and there is no longer the variety, knowledge, lifestyle, music, childrens and news & events options.  These have been replaced and consolidated into 2 packages - entertainment and entertainment extra.  It basically means that if you are going to get Sky now you will have to pay a minimum of £25 odd instead of the previous £19.50 or whatever it was, but existing customers will not have to pay any more for at least a year.  I love TCM.  Never saw The Searchers before and now have Rio Bravo to watch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'