NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2023, 02:54:17 PM
Some recovery from Myler, I thought he was looking like an amputation was required.

Same here. Would like to see what happened

tyrone08

Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2023, 02:54:17 PM
Some recovery from Myler, I thought he was looking like an amputation was required.

I thought his season a was over there myself. Although a bang to the shin would sting for a while.couldnt see what happened though.

Also I don't think the pain/seriousness of the injury has anything to do with the card. Lots of red cards happened with injury

seafoid

Monaghan are going down in style.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 19, 2023, 02:56:53 PM
WTF Joe!

I text him at half time and told him what you said about him, he wasn't happy and said he'd sort it in the 2nd half

tyrone08

Tyrone are poor enough considering they are 2 players up

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2023, 03:01:45 PM
WTF Joe!

I text him at half time and told him what you said about him, he wasn't happy and said he'd sort it in the 2nd half

Good man, but not looking for any favours, just impartiality in all aspects.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2023, 02:30:44 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 19, 2023, 02:28:01 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 19, 2023, 02:26:02 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 19, 2023, 02:22:32 PM
Joe doing a right job of keeping Monaghan in the game, who have only scored the single point from play.

He's some boy Joe, I thought Cavan people weren't fond of Mongahan wans? Some of those frees were laughable.

He's another ref who can see things 40yards away but not 4
Feet in front of him

Ye are getting as bad as Armagh for crying about refs. The idea a Cavan man would show bias to Monaghan is ridiculous

I am an Armagh man haha. It was a general comment about him

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 19, 2023, 03:02:25 PM

Yep, playing very conservatively, considering.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 19, 2023, 03:03:55 PM
WTF Joe!

Good man, but not looking for any favours, just impartiality in all aspects.  ;)

Do you genuinely believe that Joe McQuillan is not impartial and is favouring Monaghan?

Onthe40

Two middling outfits.. Monaghans div1 days look to be over..

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2023, 03:09:51 PM
WTF Joe!

Do you genuinely believe that Joe McQuillan is not impartial and is favouring Monaghan?

Ah look, some of the Monaghan men frees in the first half were jokes, but no, on balance, like any good referee s/he must be colour-blind re the jerseys, though my problem with Joe is more of an inconsistency issue, not an impartiality issue per se

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 19, 2023, 03:12:40 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2023, 03:09:51 PM
WTF Joe!

Ah look, some of the Monaghan men frees in the first half were jokes, but no, on balance, like any good referee s/he must be colour-blind re the jerseys, though my problem with Joe is more of an inconsistency issue, not an impartiality issue per se.

A lot of refs have that problem

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 19, 2023, 01:03:34 PM
Donegals need greater than Mayo with a good record in Ballybofey, get something out of today's match they'll be fighting like tigers to win in the Hyde the following week.

Monaghan v Tyrone coming up shortly the winner will more or less retain Div 1 status. Clones has been the venue that has basically kept Monaghan up over the last few years and they will be hoping for the same today. Tyrone looked more like themselves v Kerry but can they build on that win?

Clones might work for non-Ulster opposition, but it's virtually a 2nd home for the like of Tír Eoghain -- surprised that Monaghan didn't try to locate this fixture in Inniskeen, for example, where our record against them is fairly abysmal.

omagh_gael

Good win to pretty much guarantee div 1 football. Dirty day for decent football but job done. Now on to next week to relegate the apple munchers.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 19, 2023, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 19, 2023, 03:02:25 PM

Yep, playing very conservatively, considering.

There were certainly some positives in the first half in particular but Tyrone were pretty flat after the red cards. You could make an argument that they played within themselves and still won easily but certainly lacked the intensity of the Kerry game, although perhaps that was inevitable in the circumstances. Darragh was excellent again and good to see McCurry getting some nice scores. Ultimately its another 2 points and big swing against Monaghan if it ended up coming down to score difference.

Will need to play better against Armagh.