NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Roscommon no 12 should be red carded  for that stamp.

Wildweasel74

I say unless there a miracle Donegal and Monaghan be going down.

straightred

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 05, 2023, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: galwayman on March 05, 2023, 02:28:23 PM
Galway 1-13 Monaghan 0-10 full time.
Wasn't looking brilliant at half time a point and a man down.
What a stupid red card for Peter Cooke. Can't be doing that at this level.
Decent second half from us. Kept Monaghan to 2 points from Beggan frees.
Walsh came on for the last 20 mins or so. Rusty as expected but great to have him back
Galway better team even while playing in 3rd gear really but Monaghan were shocking bad, the shooting in the second half was beyond bad, that wasn't even near a gale wind by Salthill standards.

Great to get the win, another point from the last two games will make sure, could easily see a team on 6 going down in score difference yet the way it's panning out.
Tale of 2 subs. Walsh came on for Galway and gave them a spark. McManus came on from Monaghan and the opposite happened. Not his fault but that's the way it played out. Bad wide after bad wide with the odd ball kicked short into the keepers arms. Game was there for either team half way through the 2nd half but Galway kicked on and ran out comfortable winners.

Monaghan Tyrone next weekend is huge now - losers will more than likely go down

Blowitupref

Roscommon 0-4 Mayo 0-9 at half time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 05, 2023, 03:23:29 PM
Roscommon 0-4 Mayo 0-9 at half time.

Rossies have done enough to stay in the game in that half. Game far from over!

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on March 05, 2023, 08:10:46 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 04, 2023, 10:18:09 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 04, 2023, 10:13:40 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 04, 2023, 09:53:09 PM
Christ that was a hard watch, I was standing at that thinking to myself I'll not be back to watch that dross again. Armagh are trying to manage games and sacrificing the fancy football, we play like a team that cedes MF from the throw in, very little long kicking, we'll be losing our reputation for entertainment. Hopefully our injuries will clear up or it'll be a short summer. I see Jarly og got MOTM, good 2nd half, but I thought Murnin was our best by a long shot. Some really poor performances tonight.

Donegal were awful, a few hoofs into the square in the 2nd half cant disguise the fact that it's mostly the same tepid, lateral, fearful dung.

Are you one of those supporters that looks for entertainment 1st and positive/important results 2nd?  Newcastle across the water in 90s was known as the great entertainers and won nothing.  Armagh need a new reputation of hard to beat and eventually successful team.
Being overly defensive won't win much either- we aren't scoring enough at the minute. Need to play to our strengths more- some unreal forwards but just aren't using them right.
I didn't realise it had to be a binary choice either? I often see or hear people & commentators saying Gaelic is turning into basketball, I'd say its getting more like Rugby League and that is never a compliment. Plus, I'm not lambasting Armagh, I've been going to matches for 40 odd years through thick and a lot of thin, we're just capable of more with this team.
Absolutely, but with us it seems to be one extreme or the other. If we get that balance right we'd be hard to beat

JoG2

More examples in today's 2 televised games of 3/4 men slapping at the man in possession, constantly fouling and winning the free for their efforts... A real gear grinder

Rudi

Referee is shocking, giving us nothing.

trueblue1234

Quote from: JoG2 on March 05, 2023, 04:05:24 PM
More examples in today's 2 televised games of 3/4 men slapping at the man in possession, constantly fouling and winning the free for their efforts... A real gear grinder

Each to their own. I hate the sight of a man getting bottled up and throwing themselves to the ground in the hope of winning a free. Some people want a contactless sport unfortunately imo.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

5times5times

Does your man Burke ever stop complaining along the line??big baby and mchugh like a yapping little terrior dog

JoG2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 05, 2023, 04:09:14 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 05, 2023, 04:05:24 PM

Each to their own. I hate the sight of a man getting bottled up and throwing themselves to the ground in the hope of winning a free. Some people want a contactless sport unfortunately imo.

But it shouldn't be a case of each to their own, its breaking the rules. And a minute later you'll see a ref blow for 1 player slapping at a player... Yet multiple players are at it and it's fine.

From the Bunker

Good game in the end. Rossies stuck with it to the end. Mayo have to learn to run down the clock rather than go for half chances at the end of a game when they are winning.

jmk

The standard of refereeing in the 2 televised matches today has been absolutely brutal

Gael85

Quote from: Rudi on March 05, 2023, 04:05:56 PM

Gave Mayo a few handy 14 yard frees. Didn't Burke manage referee Brendan Cawley club Sarsfields at one stage?

Throw ball

Quote from: Rudi on March 05, 2023, 04:05:56 PM

As a complete neutral I thought he was OK.