Anchorman is on Tonight! 9:30pm on RTE2

Started by thebandit, February 21, 2008, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Thought this might interest you all.  He talks about being in Longford recently. Its the Tuesday 19th show his interveiw starts at around 19 mins 20
http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes.shtml

Fishbat

Quote from: Imposerous on February 21, 2008, 04:54:28 PM
Have to say, I love Will Ferrell but I think Anchorman is way overrated.

Will feral is pure excretia - i refer people to "Talladega Nights' - anyone brave enough to stick their head up and say it was actually funny? thereby admitting they probably pissed themselves at the likes of scary movie 4 or american pie 3.

complete bollocks

The Real Laoislad

Dreadfull film I gave it a chance but couldn't watch anymore than 30mins...
You want comedy then Zoolander is where its at..That tonight was awful imho
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

The Cable Guy is a very under rated film IMO. I thought it was brilliantly dark and funny.
Testing Accessibility

Fishbat

Quote from: stew on February 21, 2008, 09:52:52 PM
Quote from: thebandit on February 21, 2008, 04:19:47 PM
A legendary piece of film making

How so?

the Godfather was legendary.

caddyshack is legendary.

Anchorman is humorous but if you look at say Dumb and dumber and kingpin Anchorman pales in comparison.

exactly - it pisses me off what passes as "legendary" these days - shitty, cheap attempts at humour - blazin saddles is a "legendary" comedy

look at the cover of wanchorman - that says it all  -  tee hee hee, his trousers are round his ankles, giggle, snigger.....pure unadulterated  f**kin dung

parttimeexile

Have to agree with most of the comments about anchorman here. Didn't like it at all. There was so much hype about it, the first time I watched it I thought I had missed something or had fallen asleep through all the funny parts. I was convinced by everyone that it was supposed to be the funniest film in a long time but it was pure dirt. I would actually like to watch it again just confirm that it is crap but doubt if I would get the whole way through before turning it off.

Zapatista

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 11:42:46 PM
The Cable Guy is a very under rated film IMO. I thought it was brilliantly dark and funny.

I didn't like Cable Guy the first time I seen it, but the second time and everytime since (many times) I found it brilliant. Very under rated as you say Ziggy. I laughed my b*ll*x off at Tagadella nights which is funnier than Anchorman. I never liked any of those scary movie shows, I don't think I ever watched a full one.

AZOffaly

I don't get the whole Anchorman phenomonen, although I do think it's quite funny in parts. The fight scene with all the news crews is gas. And I love the 'Go fcuk yourself San Diego' :D

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 22, 2008, 08:44:33 AM
I don't get the whole Anchorman phenomonen, although I do think it's quite funny in parts. The fight scene with all the news crews is gas. And I love the 'Go fcuk yourself San Diego' :D

Aye some bits were funny, "im a pretty big deal" and when he was playing the flute in the restaurant but it was hit and miss.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

take_yer_points

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 09:57:31 PM
Quote from: Estimator on February 21, 2008, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 21, 2008, 09:50:55 PM
NOt a big fan of it and I like Ferrell, Blades of Glory and the Ballad of Ricky Bobby where far better.

Thought Ballad of Ricky Bobby was poor in comparison to Anchorman and Blades of Glory.
Looking forward to Semi-Pro!!

Jesus, Blades of Glory was terrible and Ricky Bobby was watchable at best.

Anchorman is definitely funny I think but Blades of Glory was very good. Call me immature but I loved this line:

"Hey, Nancy Kerrigan - are you an official here? Cause you're officially giving me a boner." - hilarious!!

his holiness nb

I dont get the fuss over Kingpin. A few funny bits, but nothing more. Anchorman was much better imo.

Talladega nights was funny in bits, Blades of Glory was a funny movie.

As far as all time classic comedies, I dont think anything touches Life of Brian.
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mentalman

Had my first gander at Anchorman last night. Funny in parts (two tickets for the gun show) but no classic.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on February 22, 2008, 08:45:51 AM
Aye some bits were funny, "im a pretty big deal" and when he was playing the flute in the restaurant but it was hit and miss.

Turn over at the start of that scene.
Watched it.
Turned over at the end of it.  :-\

Too old for a whole movie starring Will Ferrell
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera