American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

The crowd booing Goodell every time he comes to the podium is fĂșcking hilarious.

Dunno what the Browns are at. Collecting picks when their roster is in a terrible state. Trubisky and Mahomes seem like serious reaches. The Chiefs were hardly even so desperate for QB that they needed to burn picks to move up and get an under-cooked prospect.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on April 28, 2017, 02:54:01 AM
The crowd booing Goodell every time he comes to the podium is fĂșcking hilarious.

Dunno what the Browns are at. Collecting picks when their roster is in a terrible state. Trubisky and Mahomes seem like serious reaches. The Chiefs were hardly even so desperate for QB that they needed to burn picks to move up and get an under-cooked prospect.

The Browns made significant improvements to their roster with those 3 first round picks, still don't know what they are for doing at QB though
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Crete Boom on April 28, 2017, 01:33:46 AM
Mitchell Trubisky come on down( just don't go down with Rex Grossman and Cade McNown!!) Well I didn't see that one coming!! Think the Niners fleeced us to move up.Well played John Lynch though.
P.S Stop laughing in the back there Stew and Minder  ;D ;D

I'm not too surprised. In fairness I had some information from a friend of relative of Trubisky who thought the Bears were high on him and that he wanted to go to Chicago too. Despite being from Ohio he didn't want to go to the Browns (can't blame him really). It's a risky pick and the Bears got hosed by the 49ers but if he works out and turns into a good NFL QB then it's worth it.

AZOffaly

He looks to me to be the most NFL friendly quarterback. Mahomes might end up being the best, but I think Trebiski looks the part.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2017, 12:06:54 PM
He looks to me to be the most NFL friendly quarterback. Mahomes might end up being the best, but I think Trebiski looks the part.

He was beat out by a undrafted free agent QB for two seasons at NC. The smoke and mirrors hype show around him coupled with his lack of starts reminds me very much of the Jets' reach for Sanchize a few years back.

Ironically Sanchez himself joined the Bears this off-season.. don't see the sense in reaching for Trubisky when you have a decent starter in Glennon and a decent back-up in Sanchez.

AZOffaly

Maybe so. I was watching some game of him though. He looks big, strong arm, throwing on the run etc. He can throw outs and he can throw deep. I don't think any of the QBs are NFL ready, but he looks to be the most NFL friendly. Cam and Wilson have evolved the position, but they still like the big strong QB who can stand in and throw an out or a deep ball. He can run a bit too, but I don't think you'd confuse him for Cam Newton...

stew

Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2017, 10:17:06 AM
Quote from: Syferus on April 28, 2017, 02:54:01 AM

The Browns made significant improvements to their roster with those 3 first round picks, still don't know what they are for doing at QB though

They should take a stab at Rodgers, if I was him I would want to get the hell out of green Bay as soon as possiblle because that useless f**ker Ted Thompson had TJ Watt sitting at 29 and traded the pick, the best player in the draft at that stage and used to playing in a pro type style and he gives up the pick, if you look at his picks over the past five years his record is pathetic, he needs to retire because Rodgers has a few years left at the top, they should go for broke at this stage but Teddy lacks the balls!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Yeah stew I would say Rodgers was on the trading block

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 28, 2017, 11:56:44 AM
Mitchell Trubisky come on down( just don't go down with Rex Grossman and Cade McNown!!) Well I didn't see that one coming!! Think the Niners fleeced us to move up.Well played John Lynch though.

I'm not too surprised. In fairness I had some information from a friend of relative of Trubisky who thought the Bears were high on him and that he wanted to go to Chicago too. Despite being from Ohio he didn't want to go to the Browns (can't blame him really). It's a risky pick and the Bears got hosed by the 49ers but if he works out and turns into a good NFL QB then it's worth it.

Just read that Fox didn't know the Bears were going to draft Trubisky until a couple of hours before it

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2017, 05:16:06 PM
Maybe so. I was watching some game of him though. He looks big, strong arm, throwing on the run etc. He can throw outs and he can throw deep. I don't think any of the QBs are NFL ready, but he looks to be the most NFL friendly. Cam and Wilson have evolved the position, but they still like the big strong QB who can stand in and throw an out or a deep ball. He can run a bit too, but I don't think you'd confuse him for Cam Newton...

He could end up being a decent player but the run on QBs this year was one of the weirdest - it looks like one of the weakest crops in a while yet three teams moved up and gave mini-ransoms for developmental prospects.

Honestly most excited about Watson because he lucked out and got picked by a stacked team, though with only Tom Savage in his way they'll probably have to start sooner than the rest. The Texans seem like a team that really were caught off-guard by Romo deciding to retire after what they paid to salary dump Oswiler. Having to pay the Browns another ransom to get a QB only rubs salt into the wound.

I like Watson's character and composure under pressure - those two national championship performances against near NFL worthy Tide defences stand out - so if he can develop he's on a team that can win Super Bowls in the coming years.

stew

Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2017, 06:42:25 PM
Yeah stew I would say Rodgers was on the trading block

Hardly, I never said he was funnily enough :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2017, 07:36:04 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 28, 2017, 11:56:44 AM

Just read that Fox didn't know the Bears were going to draft Trubisky until a couple of hours before it

If that is true Fox is a good actor!! https://youtu.be/f3Ssll6Kh9w

Minder

Joe Mixon & Pacman Jones on a night out  :o

Syferus

Par for the course with the Bengals.

gallsman

Good article on Simmon's website The Ringer about Mixon and the wider issue the NFL has with player violence.

https://theringer.com/2017-nfl-draft-joe-mixon-6ecab95fe5e8