Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 16, 2017, 09:45:19 AM
Quote from: REDCOL on August 16, 2017, 09:13:17 AM
                          Clarke

Harrisson           Keegan         Barrett

Boyle                Vaughan        Durcan

O Shea     Parsons

McLoughlin        O Shea         O Connor

Higgins             Moran          O Connor

Hennelly, Cafferkey,  Coen, Drake,  Nally, Moran, Doherty, Loftus, Kirby, Dillon, O Shea

Seems like a waste of Keegan at full back, could swap with vaughan? And im assuming you have higgins playin sweeper?

Why would anyone play higgins corner forward when his greatest strength is coming from deep
I actuall thing we need a left footer on that wing .  how many time have we seen Cillian or andy receiving the ball  with back to goal and now one to lay it off to .  maybe a recall for regan or move Mclouglin  in
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: rosnarun on August 16, 2017, 11:29:43 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 16, 2017, 09:45:19 AM
                          Clarke

O Shea     Parsons

Hennelly, Cafferkey,  Coen, Drake,  Nally, Moran, Doherty, Loftus, Kirby, Dillon, O Shea

Seems like a waste of Keegan at full back, could swap with vaughan? And im assuming you have higgins playin sweeper?

Why would anyone play higgins corner forward when his greatest strength is coming from deep
I actuall thing we need a left footer on that wing .  how many time have we seen Cillian or andy receiving the ball  with back to goal and now one to lay it off to .  maybe a recall for regan or move Mclouglin  in

Probably meant higgins as sweeper
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

REDCOL

Lee played full back last year against Sean Cavanagh & Michael Quinlivan with all the same players available. Why would the same management risk Donie Vaughan in that position this year. as for Keith Higgins I hope I dont need to explain what is meant by naming him 13.

Keane

Kerry can win without Donaghy playing well, Mayo have absolutely no chance if Lee Keegan doesn't contribute to the attack.

Mayo4Sam14

Would it be an option to double mark Donaghy with a high fielder and a natural defender?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

ballinaman

Quote from: Keane on August 16, 2017, 12:38:29 PM
Kerry can win without Donaghy playing well, Mayo have absolutely no chance if Lee Keegan doesn't contribute to the attack.
He's well able to contribute and man mark.

Keane

Quote from: ballinaman on August 16, 2017, 12:47:59 PM
He's well able to contribute and man mark.

From full back? :o

Let's hope they try it and we can find out for sure I suppose.

macdanger2

Agreed

Farrandeelin

Agree. However if Keegan is put on Donaghy I assume he will follow him out to midfield or wherever he goes. Thus giving him an opportunity or two to go forward.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2017, 02:04:09 PM

Agree. However if Keegan is put on Donaghy I assume he will follow him out to midfield or wherever he goes. Thus giving him an opportunity or two to go forward.

If Lee Keegan is put man marking Donaghy, then Stephen Rochford needs his head examined.

If he is marking Donaghy, and Fitzmaurice allows Donaghy come out the field, then Fitzmaurice needs his head examined.

Lar Naparka

Donaghy is now three years  older than he was when he roasted Cafferkey and consequently slower. AFAIK, he's now 34 and has had niggling injury problems so I can't see him doing his bull in a China shop job on the Mayo full back line again. To spancil him, it' vital that Maher, Moran &co. aren't given the time to pin point high passes in to him. Win midfield and win the match.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 16, 2017, 02:11:03 PM

Donaghy is now three years  older than he was when he roasted Cafferkey and consequently slower. AFAIK, he's now 34 and has had niggling injury problems so I can't see him doing his bull in a China shop job on the Mayo full back line again. To spancil him, it' vital that Maher, Moran &co. aren't given the time to pin point high passes in to him. Win midfield and win the match.

He was never mobile to begin with, nor does he have much in the way of skills to degrade with the added age.

He catches the ball, hand-passes it to the nearest Kerry jersy and acts like a spoilt child towards officials. Nothing has changed.

Keegan would be an insane choice for Donaghy given his height mis-match and his ability to affect the game up the field, but Rochford is not exactly the sharpest of tactical minds.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 16, 2017, 02:05:36 PM

If Lee Keegan is put man marking Donaghy, then Stephen Rochford needs his head examined.

If he is marking Donaghy, and Fitzmaurice allows Donaghy come out the field, then Fitzmaurice needs his head examined.

Keegan is always put on the opposition best player i don't think a mid 30 year old Donaghy is Kerrys best, also Donaghy comes out the field a lot nowadays can be seen in midfield and helping out in the full back line.

Paul Geaney and James O'Donoghue are key for Kerry. If those two are held to low scores then Mayo will be getting that long awaited championship win against Kerry.

Cunny Funt

Clarke

O Shea     Parsons

Doherty for Vaughan IMO and would agree with the rest. 

AZOffaly

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 16, 2017, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 16, 2017, 02:05:36 PM

Keegan is always put on the opposition best player i don't think a mid 30 year old Donaghy is Kerrys best, also Donaghy comes out the field a lot nowadays can be seen in midfield and helping out in the full back line.

Paul Geaney and James O'Donoghue are key for Kerry. If those two are held to low scores then Mayo will be getting that long awaited championship win against Kerry.

I understand all that. What I am saying is that Rochford would be mad to sacrifice Keegan to try and keep Donaghy quiet. However if he DOES do that, then Fitzmaurice would be even madder to allow Donaghy do his usual roaming when he gets bored.

If Lee Keegan is put in on Donaghy, I think that is manna from heaven for Kerry, and Fitzmaurice will tell Donaghy to stay in on the edge of the square all day.

However, in reality, I doubt Rochford will make the same mistake he made in the second half of the first day v Rossies, when Keegan followed Smith in there, and took himself out of the game.