Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

So DCU at 7/1 is worth a few squid?

armaghniac

Boylesports seems to be reading this forum.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TacadoirArdMhacha

Ah bollux. Still at least we can be sure of getting the 5/1. Still a decent bet I think.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Lone Shark

That is quite possibly the most incorrect price I've seen in my 8 years in this industry. I'd have put them in around 4/5 myself.

corn02

Raging i missed out on that. did not get in quick enough.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteRaging i missed out on that. did not get in quick enough.

Aye missed it as well and feel a bit stupid meself. Shoulda jumped at it. Fortune favours the brave!

Lone Shark

Keep going. Put it this way - if the first price up was 3/1, I'd still be piling in now. I may do again tomorrow if it's still there - the bank and credit cards have all reached their daily withdrawal limit for today .....  ;)

If somebody offered you a €500 euro note for €300, you wouldn't turn it down simply because they were being sold for €200 five minutes ago.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Lone

I don't think DCU are a sure thing at all. Wouldn't agree with you that they should be odds on - maybe about 2/1. UUJ have a seriously good side as well and the Sigerson can be unpredictable.

shark

NUIG 1-15 AIT 0-9

Probably wasnt a 9 point game but NUIG always in control. Armstrong did a lot of early damage until going off injured, David Duffy lorded midfield. AIT didnt have enough really, Phelan and Coughlan from Offaly were very good however.
NUIG will certainly put it up to Queens but will still need to improve I would imagine.

Lone Shark

Sigerson can be unpredictable, but this is a new era - even in the days of Padraig Joyce lining out for Tralee, we never had (whisper it quietly) professionalism on this scale before. This DCU team on paper would eat any team from three or four years ago alive, and my guess is that they'll be around 1/2 against UUJ, 1/3 or so against Queens or UCD if they meet, 1/6 against Cork IT and possibly Sligo IT, and no odds to beat anyone else. No better than evens in my opinion.

You have to factor in that by the time DCU are scheduled to meet UUJ, Jordanstown will have faced up to both Sligo IT and Queens - and could possibly be eliminated.

TyronePhilly

I may have missed it somewhere else....any other scores from today?
How about the MET against Maynooth?
Carlow IT vs Dundalk IT?
Dublin IT vs UCC?

Thanks in advance.

TIR EOGHAIN Philadelphia
http://tyrone.philadelphia.gaa.ie

http://tyronephiladelphia.bebo.com

Tyrone Dreamer

Maynooth beat Belfast Met 1-14 to 1-8.

Lone Shark

DIT won by 5 after extra time

TyronePhilly

Without Niall P McGinn, who were the guns up front for the MET?