Donegal v Kerry AIQF

Started by RMDrive, July 28, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

here comes 6

Heres hoping this game on the same day as Down  Mayo.  THis game should be so interesting

Seamus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 28, 2012, 10:44:46 PM
Quote from: Seamus on July 28, 2012, 10:35:00 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2012, 10:04:24 PM
It's Gas if Kerry lose, they'll have the Northern thing thrown back in their face again! Can you imagine!  ;D

There is no Northern team left.

All Ulster teams are northern in the GAA, you're thinking of a different sport!  :P

Yeah and youse all love each other  ;)
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Farrandeelin

Quote from: here comes 6 on July 29, 2012, 10:32:23 AM
Heres hoping this game on the same day as Down  Mayo.  THis game should be so interesting
Not usually one for commenting on other county's games, but I can't wait for this game. Hopefully it'll be on with Mayo Down. We'll be outsupported if it happened, but so would Kerry... Gonna be a cracking contest. I think Donegal will win.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mlcollins

Do you really? Really i don't think they will,Really.

trileacman

I think it will be a dire game with Pat Spillane losing the rag about how Northerners play. Think Donegal as well.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Boghopper

This is the most intriguing game after Kildare v Cork of the the AI quarter Finals. Donegal after a slow start in the Ulster Final blew Down away. Tyrone got to within 2 points of Donegal and Kerry beat us out the gate in Killarney so Kerry will probably feel that they have the firepower to put Donegal away just about. This is the biggest test for Donegal's credentials as All Ireland contenders, if they win the All Ireland this year no one can say that they will have won a soft AI as it is likely they will have to Beat Kerry, Cork and Dublin. I was in the dislike camp in terms of how Donegal played last year, but now they're style is  beginning to grow on me. Although their gameplan is built on being extremely defensive last year they struggled to get the ball to their inside forwards this year they counter attack with greater speed with Frank McGlynn making some very dangerous runs out of Defence his goal and Murphys second half points last week demonstrate how they have moved on. Kerry will ask serious questions of they're defence although with plenty of bodies back Gooch and Co will find the going a lot tougher than they did against us. The Donegal defence will also have to be on top of their game  and not cough off soft frees as Sheehan's dead ball expertise  is worth at least 2-3 points a game. Midfield will also be a battle Maher was very impressive against us and Bradley is probably Donegals most improved player all in all hope our club football dosen't clash with this game can't wait to sit down and watch,it'll certainly make for gripping viewing.

cadence

any word on neil gallagher?

donegal_abu

Quote from: cadence on July 29, 2012, 01:23:25 PM

he's back training but not long I don't think ! With only a week to go hard to see him being 100%  :( He'd be needed !

cadence

Quote from: donegal_abu on July 29, 2012, 01:41:59 PM
Quote from: cadence on July 29, 2012, 01:23:25 PM

he's back training but not long I don't think ! With only a week to go hard to see him being 100%  :( He'd be needed !

we just have to beat kerry to make sure he gets another game then. ;)

RMDrive

From the Bunker

There is alot of talk here of Kerry getting beaten by Donegal, Although it could happen and would not be the biggest of Surprises. But we have to ask why are Donegal getting such a high billing? Don't get me wrong, i delighted there is a new team on the block to challenge, but we still have not seen this team at the business end to make our mind up yet. As for Kerry, we've seen them at the business end year in year out and they usually are up to scratch. True Donegal they have had successive defeats of Tyrone, but we have seen this Tyrone have been a rather spent force since 2008 and we have seen them beat Kildare who have lost to Meath, Down, Wicklow, Louth in Championship football in the last couple of years. Anyway give JMG and the lads a bit of level ground, Don't be putting them on higher ground before their time. JMG has done a marvelous job, i just hope people don't have expectations beyond their development.

Declan

Looking forward to this one alright. Donegal look focussed. Should be fascinating

ONeill

Donegal will win with 3-4 to spare. Different level of fitness.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.